gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 07:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GT Pro Freestlye Tour project
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT Pro Freestlye Tour project  (Read 650 times)

phildaw

GT Pro Freestlye Tour project
« on: November 22, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Hi, posted as a newbie about a week ago and here I am about to collect my first project, it is a late 80's GT Pro Freestyle Tour/Performer, the one with the double bend in the down tube  :)

So what do I do next, where do I start?

I kind of want to recreate the bike I used to have in 1986/87, but then again that had a lot of parts on I would have replaced had I had the cash at the time..... so I have concluded I want to spec it up pretty much as it would have been when it was sold as a new bike BITD.

So my question is, can anyone help me with original GT adverts, good suppliers, good websites or original spec sheets, would also be good to see other peoples projects based on this GT f&f? (I was really impressed with Jesse's but would like to stick to a black f&f)

(ps I did try the search engine but I think you can all pretty much guess the outcome)

Any help would be gratefully recieved, thanks....

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: GT Pro Freestlye Tour project
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 10:51 AM »
well u have come to the right place ,there are some real gt boffs on rad so you should be in luck
just dont ask me coz i aint got a clue.   :)

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 10:55 AM »
phil pm me your address and i will post you the GT demo tape (on dvd) - lots of mid-late GTness on there.
do it NOW and I will post it today!

phildaw

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 11:03 AM »
Cheers theRuler, PM on its way, I am excited as the fat kid in your signiture!!!

rakas17

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 11:54 AM »
that "fat kid" is his son. he does you a favour and you diss his family. well out or order... ;)

phildaw

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 01:47 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

You had me worried for a second then!

NYSoul

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 04:53 PM »
This is good if you have not seen it  http://www.sportwheels.ca/olsloolbmx/1987GTCatalog.pdf

Whats your bike like? got any pics?

phildaw

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 05:01 PM »
I hadn't seen that before, thanks NYSoul, brings back some memories!

Looking in more detail at the frame and comparing it to the BMX museum bikes I reckon it is an early 90's vertigo! Ah well.... I thought it was a bit cheap!

Anyone know much about these and will I be banned from the forum if I deliberatly sticker it up incorrectly?

I will post some pics up once I get some...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  GT Pro Freestlye Tour project

gfxgfx
gfx gfx