gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  rare old school race and freestyle shots plus my lovely aero pro burner....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: rare old school race and freestyle shots plus my lovely aero pro burner....  (Read 4565 times)

mike pardon

Ive been on my scanner again i hope you enjoy the pics..cheers Mike

My first Raleigh aero pro after this i got the team colours..SWEET

Billy laying it all out Rom 1984

Billy Drop in

Tony Slater kicking ass

this is my fav race pic GETH and CHARLIE throwing it down

The day of the famous "CHORLEY you cant jumps the whoops incident" Me puting the cat amongst the pigeons!!!

Skyway demo 1983 Pontins morcambe, me riding a real quarter pipe for the first time instead of bmx bi weeklys crooked effort

Andy Preston was always meticulous with his bikes "sweet quadangle"

Doing some testing for bmx weekly.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 09:15 PM by Pike Mardon »

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: rare old school race and freestyle shots
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 03:45 PM »

cool photos cant beleive the height of bill in the first one, always thought a prestons quads were sweet

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 03:47 PM »
great pics mike ,did i miss the ones of u ,errrr no so come on son get em out    ;)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 04:02 PM »
superb pics !!

the good old dayz !!
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

DR VINOAH

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 04:35 PM »
ace pix mike

billy did indeed hit the clouds that day :coolsmiley:

check bill looking for the landing spot

THE radness unlimited ,yehaw

slater yeeees

geth.S and charlie.R  ohhhhhhh my gosh

mike did you clear the chorley whoops :daumenhoch:

andy,s quad  :4_17_5:

mike pardon

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 05:10 PM »
Yeah boy i was the first  person from the UK to do em.  God by todays standards there nothing eh!!!

ace pix mike

billy did indeed hit the clouds that day :coolsmiley:

check bill looking for the landing spot

THE radness unlimited ,yehaw

slater yeeees

geth.S and charlie.R  ohhhhhhh my gosh

mike did you clear the chorley whoops :daumenhoch:

andy,s quad  :4_17_5:

Bren Gunn

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 08:30 PM »
That Geth & Charlie shot is fantastic :daumenhoch:

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 08:44 PM »
Nice one Mike, your double spread from the performance bowl when you were on Raleigh is still on the wall at Rom  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 10:14 PM »
Dug this out from me mag collection (soz about photo quality!!). It was part of an 8 page poster, Issue 1 (Price 40p!!!) which has Mike and Andy Preston (The Bicycle Moto Cross Weekly Magazine Trick Team), wonder if Mike recalls this?  ::)  It was a question and answer kinda thing re riding, stuff about favourite music, film, actor/actress and ambitions........wow can't believe Mike Pardon is on Radbmx, thats ace :)

Paul 8)
Vans Style

Moschops

I used to have that aero endo pic on my wall :daumenhoch:
Still luv doin endo's but there is a lot more of me now and breaks aint what they used to be ;D

mike pardon

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 10:31 PM »

Hiya mate, yep i do remember that article i think i said some pretty shady answers to the questions DOH... THanks for printing it though all the best Mike 

Dug this out from me mag collection (soz about photo quality!!). It was part of an 8 page poster, Issue 1 (Price 40p!!!) which has Mike and Andy Preston (The Bicycle Moto Cross Weekly Magazine Trick Team), wonder if Mike recalls this?  ::)  It was a question and answer kinda thing re riding, stuff about favourite music, film, actor/actress and ambitions........wow can't believe Mike Pardon is on Radbmx, thats ace :)

Paul 8)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

Hiya mate, yep i do remember that article i think i said some pretty shady answers to the questions DOH... THanks for printing it though all the best Mike 

Hi Mike, (sorry just can't believe that someone I used to read and watch, I'm now e-mailing 22 years later!!!).

Yep gotta agree some of those answers now seem well funny/suspect (but they'll remain a secret :daumenhoch:) but hey that was BITD.

Apologies if I've missed previous posts but what are you doing now? Do you still keep in touch with Andy Preston or kept your old school items, must of been an ace time back in the day with all the recognition and all that?

Paul

Vans Style

Trev

we want to know what mike's favourite music, film, actor/actress and ambitions are...

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
we want to know what mike's favourite music, film, actor/actress and ambitions are...

Trev, I'm open to offers, ie Skyway TA frameset, graphite tuffs or cash equivalent to spill the beans :LolLolLolLol:

I think Mike will have to give the nod on this.......Mike? :coolsmiley: 
Vans Style

electobooty

Great pics. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ican't get enough of these old freestyle pics, they just have so much style, I had so many on my wall bitd but the endo one still jolts my memory.

Thanks for taking the time out for us to relive the good times :4_17_5: :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

mike pardon

Re: rare old school race and freestyle shots MORE JUST ADDED..
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Yes for a small fee i will spill the beans on what used to happen BITD.. he he

For those of you that dont know i still ride and race had a pretty good season, iam racing in Barcelona in December and iam to do the worlds in July. Iam coaching a bit now and hope that becomes more permanent as time goes on.

heres a couple more pics to wet your appetites ive a whole shedload of old school pics.

check out my blog (my poors mans website) iam just developing the new one feel free to mail anytime.

see ya MIke   http://actionsportscoaching.blogspot.com//

Present day racing Peterborough

1987 interview sk8 mag

flying with no landing ramp watched by Alan Woods

Me and Andy after coming 1st and 2nd in bmx beat..

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
thats more like it ,dame and i forgot you hit the boards to lookin good mate and glad to see your still kickin arse  :)

theRuler

great pics mike
you got some endo skills.
i recall some early pics of you in a bowl somewhere (could be rom?). in full raleigh gear. i think one was a cover on an early freestyle bmx mag? scan one of them, you were lofting "mega" air.

and seeing andy preston's short section (fnarr) on saturday superstore was what got me into freestyle bmx. that was summer 83 - he was riding in a sports hall, all slow-mo, to some old dire straits tune!

and you and andy's show at the county showground in stafford (march 85) was dope!
wheels alive 85!!!

zed4130

This sums it up for me i thought andy preston was great and too top it off he rode a se quadangle
 :daumenhoch:

Superkav

I've got an old telly clip on DVD of the Saturday morning show where you rode the Team Pro and showed a mate of yours how to do tricks. thats where I learnt to rockwalk and frame stand but I dont have the balls to frame stand these days....I still have my balls of course ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  rare old school race and freestyle shots plus my lovely aero pro burner....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx