gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  clips or flatties ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: clips or flatties ?  (Read 1520 times)

zed4130

clips or flatties ?
« on: November 17, 2006, 12:10 PM »
ok i know a old debate but what do you think i go flatties have tried spd's and i have got them on my xc mtb .But on my bmx its a bit scary so its flatties for me and its old school not all modern things are good.So what do you think  :daumenhoch: spuds or flatties  :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: clips or flatties ?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Gotta be flatties for me........when (not if) i fall off, i don't want the bloody bike rolling over me......with flatties you can bail no problem.....and fook the bike!

muttley

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 01:41 PM »

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 01:43 PM »

I sure have but i still think clips shouldnt be aloud in racing  >:(

muttley

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 02:03 PM »
Ya damn right too. Personally think thay are dangerous and when i see peeps ridin on them and crashing it does look a tad painfull.

Should be banned from BMX in my opinion.

zed4130

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 02:04 PM »
And ive seen kids using then its all wrong there parents must be nuts  :uglystupid2:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 04:13 PM »
I think there is a bigger issue regarding flats v. clips, it is not about whether it is bad or good for BMX, whether they are safe or not, it's is not even about the question of long term knee damage.

The real issue is that riders wearing clip (ballet) shoes and race trousers with elasticated bottoms......

LOOK FCUKING STUPID     :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :10_2_12:

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 04:20 PM »
i like the jeans sweet shirt and vans look myself just how it should be  :daumenhoch: basic just like how bmx should be  :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 04:32 PM »
And ive seen kids using then its all wrong there parents must be nuts  :uglystupid2:

Ooops must be nuts but when my James was almost eligible to race in ballet slippers he wanted them real bad and even bought his own pedals and shoes.  As soon as as he was in the 13's group he was against a lot of riders clipped in and as he's very much a raceday rider, ie. rarely rides at other times, he needed all the advantage he could get against kids who train regularly, etc.  But, I wasn't happy that he used some of the smaller SPD's and conceded that he could use them only if he used Crank Bros. Mallet C's with the outside cage.  As the C cannot be tensioned like some of the other brands he cannot 'lock' himself onto the pedals and he has no problems unclipping even when stacking.  I do agree that clips really don't have a place in BMX racing but until they're outlawed altogether I'm afraid it's a case of "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying!!"  Now Muttley the can of worms is really open - should see this post riding high for quite a while especially when a few of my adversaries from BMX Talk get going here (hello Teapot, Flying Fox, Uncle Buck)  Humps  :LolLolLolLol:

zed4130

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Its a personal disision personaly we all did ok without them  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 04:53 PM »
I think they should be banned  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:
I used them on my MTB when I worked as a guide but then I had a LOT of climbing to do every day but now I am not guiding its flats all the way, I am not in that much of a hurry to get to the top of the hill and they used to spoil my fun on the downs too  :(
And as for using them on my  BMX  :uglystupid2:, pure lunacy, kids at the track see other kids at the track using hem and follow the trend, then they have a stack and snap bits of themselves that would otherwise have stayed in one peice if they were using flats
 :) DINGO :)

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 05:16 PM »
like zed4130 said sweatshirt,jeans and vans.

priv

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 05:18 PM by priv »

zed4130

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 05:19 PM »
ive got these  :daumenhoch:

oldmankev

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 06:31 PM »
 :2gunsfiring_v1:
 :2gunsfiring_v1:           CLIPS

Flying_fox

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Using clips in the younger age groups is done by riders to make up for their own short comings in the most part. As Humps said, James hardly rides his bike unless it's race day.  :-\ That begs the question does he deserve to win? Level the playing field and he'd get stuffed by the kids with the skills ,and to be honest there's no one behind him that wasn't before, equally he still caan't beat Tre and Freddie who have both clipped in to but were quicker in the first place. Doing nationals would raise his game more than those devil shoes, but he can pay for that himself can he...

Ban the bastrad things, lets put the MX back into BMX and take the lycra out. Any one who went to hayes would have seen my main, we couldnt have ridden like that in clips, not a procession in sight, but you tell me that wasn't one of (if not) the best race of the day. Speed is not necessarily what makes BMX racing the best sport in the world, radness is... and you don't get that with those stiff back, scared to touch, clipped in loosers.

My Mum told me "when you cheat to win a game there's only one person who your cheating". Why should the people who don't choose to kill their knees and keep some style in their riding be made to loose to people who have to take an unfair advantage (just because it's in the rules) :idiot2: 

Honistly I could argue for hours on this subject. :police:

theRuler

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 07:38 PM »
clips. toss.
for gay mountainbike riders who can't bunnyhop properly

:)

kamodo

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 08:28 PM »
When I went to my my local track in Capalaba (QLD) I was stoked to see floodlight racing on a Friday night with a healthy turn out of riders young and old.......but 90% of the youngsters and a large amount of older riders were slipped in  :( :( :(

Geth

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 08:37 PM »
.......but 90% of the youngsters and a large amount of older riders were slipped in

Oooh matron :D :LolLolLolLol:

zed4130

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 08:44 PM »
were is capalaba ?   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  clips or flatties ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx