gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Re-chroming
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Re-chroming  (Read 9269 times)

login_user

Re: Re-chroming
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Just picked my Frame and forks  up from Hampshire electro platers in Southampton this morning :'(,What a S*#T job :tickedoff: pitting everywhere :knuppel2:And just taken it back,i hope they do a better job this time :angrysoapbox:

I Don't recommend them at all.

Right just picked the F&F's up from Hampshire electroplaters for the second time,and i'm pleased to say it's a 100% improvement,still not perfect but acceptable. :smiley6600:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 03:04 PM »
From what I've heard and seen,  it would appear you'd be better off sending your stuff to Vert-Ego so Biagio can send it on to his magic chromers....

Not cheap,  but top class I believe.

I believe , may be wrong but the place I mentioned on page 1 in the South is the Magic Chromers (as you put it)  ;)

AS A RULE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR  ;)

login_user

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 05:04 PM »
Taken some bars and a spyder to another chromers "Silverbronze" in Alton the brocher looks good and so does there diplay items.Will let you know how they turn out.

All in the name of research ;) :daumenhoch:

mightynimrod

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 05:27 PM »
Used to live near there in New Alresford :D

On another note, i reckon we need a sticky with the names/numbers of chromers that people have used and are happy with and the ones to avoid.

Sort of :

GOOD                                  BAD

With a list underneath.

That way people can make an easier decision.

login_user

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 05:30 PM »
Used to live near there in New Alresford :D

On another note, i reckon we need a sticky with the names/numbers of chromers that people have used and are happy with and the ones to avoid.

Sort of :

GOOD                                  BAD

With a list underneath.

That way people can make an easier decision.

Excellent idea :daumenhoch: whos the man to talk to, to set that up?

mightynimrod

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 05:34 PM »
One of the admins - Ruler, Billstupp, Rombloke or someone like that.

login_user

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Just sent a pm to Mr BIg   Rombloke :daumenhoch:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 06:04 PM »
the problem isn`t always the chromer it the prep work as all chroming is pretty straight forward but if say a tube is rusty or has pittings then it will come out on the new chrome work , so really it up to you to get it cleaned and prepped before chroming ,i spoke to biaggio about this and he said he spends a long time getting stuff polished and cleaned so no marks at all and so that why his chrome work is good as he puts the hours in .
i found a guy that does prep work and stated the same but could not prep frames due to the size of them   
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 06:16 PM »
yes its true the prep work is the hardest bit but they didnt even try to polish my frame
as the surface rust was stil there once i got it back

login_user

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 06:44 PM »
the problem isn`t always the chromer it the prep work as all chroming is pretty straight forward but if say a tube is rusty or has pittings then it will come out on the new chrome work , so really it up to you to get it cleaned and prepped before chroming ,i spoke to biaggio about this and he said he spends a long time getting stuff polished and cleaned so no marks at all and so that why his chrome work is good as he puts the hours in .
i found a guy that does prep work and stated the same but could not prep frames due to the size of them   

Absolutely!  But you don't expect to get a bad job from someone that says they will prep it,especially if it's not bad to start with,the first time i got my frame back it was worse then before i gave it to them. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Re-chroming

gfxgfx
gfx gfx