gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame and parts identify please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame and parts identify please  (Read 700 times)

Jules

Frame and parts identify please
« on: November 06, 2006, 12:51 AM »
Right I have just bought an oldish bmx and was wondering what GT is it? also have some xrm bars prob for racing and a very small uni seat in black. Can you let me know what these are worth as I want a kashimax in blue plus some bigger bars? Also is the chainring any good very new to some of this but was well into bmx my first bike was a raleigh pro burner which I wish I still had.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Frame and parts identify please
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 01:30 AM »
Some weird bits on there, the Uni seat & post combo for one. Looks like a more updated or just stubbier version of the OS ones from way back. And alloy bars?
Makes me think the bike was maybe intended to race, but I would've thought a racer would want a full CROMO frame.
I've a Dyno that looks like it's about the same era, the 4130 sticker's near-identical. Yours seems early-mid 90s till you look at the A-headset.
No idea what it's worth, fun speculating on the parts, though.

Coastvl

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 10:06 AM »
The Uni seat is a newer version of the old ones. I have 2 of them on my son's bikes. The bars look like powerlite bars too. The stem looks like a midschool diamond back or something. Then the frame I'd say late 80's to mid 90's. No idea on GT numbers.  :daumenhoch: Nice score for a young lad to race on though.

Jules

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 01:16 PM »
Well i'm going to be building it up for myself, so if anyone wants to make an offer on the bars and seat let me know. Or a swap for a seatpost and seat in blue or some bars.

Jules

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Some weird bits on there, the Uni seat & post combo for one. Looks like a more updated or just stubbier version of the OS ones from way back. And alloy bars?
Makes me think the bike was maybe intended to race, but I would've thought a racer would want a full CROMO frame.
I've a Dyno that looks like it's about the same era, the 4130 sticker's near-identical. Yours seems early-mid 90s till you look at the A-headset.
No idea what it's worth, fun speculating on the parts, though.

What's with the headset then ? i know it's not got a threaded forks on, like I say have lost touch with this stuff.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 04:52 PM »
It's just that I thought the frame looks early 90s, I thought non-threaded ones came along a little later than that.
If it is an early setup, it could be a 1" non-threaded. I had some Prolites, the headset and a Hoffman stem, all in 1", I think it was sort of a transition period.
When I bought a 1.1/8" frame later on, it was a nightmare finding some adaptor cups to save me buying a completely new front end.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame and parts identify please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx