gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  frame colour help!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: frame colour help!  (Read 752 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
frame colour help!
« on: November 01, 2006, 02:15 PM »
Hi guys, just got my 90's alloy quadangle frame back from the powdercoaters - and i dont like the colour very much - i thought it was gonna be a more baby blue type colour, but its actually more like white with sort of light blu/green tinge. Im not sure, will post a pic so you can see - but my question is this - can powdercoated frames be stripped with nitromorse? Or am I stuck with the colour? Or can it be powdered again straight on top? It doesnt actually look bad at all, just different to what i was expecting - what do you all think - shall i just leave it? Its certainly a new colour ive not seen on a frame before!
Cheers!
steve
PS - pics of my finished dk generalllee too - i couldnt get the perfect orange, so went for the nearest I could get - its a yellowy orange,  still think it looks pretty tasty!

zed4130

Re: frame colour help!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 02:18 PM »
the dk looks great wear did you get the decals  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Loving the DK - looking sweet.

On the Quad, I don't think Nitromors will touch it...it'll have to be blasted and re-powdered if you want to change colour...

zed4130

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 03:50 PM »
i think since you cant strip it you should swap it for my 6pack frame  :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:57 PM »
you can strip it with nitromors.

it wil take about 5 goes though. rough it up with coarse paper helps.

i have done it, helps if you have a power washer to blast the shit off inbetween coats.
I want to touch ORB

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 05:05 PM »
looks good as it is in Orange !
 & those decals are mental !
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:01 PM »
man that orange is proper cool.the white/blue looks okay but im sure it l;ooks better in real life than a pic .

69ner

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 10:30 PM »
i have a ice blaster at work,shoots dry ice ,under pressure will strip anything off,i also have two shot blasts one corse ball bearings(shot) other finer,i would recomend a ice blaster

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Cheers for the comments - the DK looks really nice - Id have ideally liked the original orange colour, but the powdercoaters didnt have anything close enough, and I didnt fancy paying for them to order a drum of it in.... so this is called something like vanilla yellow or something like that, and its a very dark yellow - slightly orangey... the decals I got from Custom Riders - they had one set left from the 04 dk era - the frame is a 2000 generalllee [i emailed a pic to dk and they confirmed it]
overall im happy with it.
The good news is that the powdercoaters have told me that they can repowder the quad as they just heat it up in the oven and then powder on the new paint - so ive gone for nice sky blue colour that they found in their storeroom - who knows, it may end up close to SE baby blue!!!!!
steve

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 09:37 PM »
got the quad frame back from the powdercoaters today, and its glorious - in a very nice resplendent baby blue !!!!!! Pics soon!

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 07:21 AM »
Pics Steve PICS goddamit  :2gunsfiring_v1:
 :) DINGO :)

mightynimrod

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 08:09 AM »
Steve, i DEMAND pics now   :knuppel2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  frame colour help!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx