gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  us ff shipping
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: us ff shipping  (Read 985 times)

selfpreservation

us ff shipping
« on: October 26, 2006, 07:46 PM »
how much to ship a frame and forks from us

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: us ff shipping
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:58 PM »
mmm depends what company he uses. I ve just been quoted $80 for a saddle through UPS. Got him to send USPS for $12 so just depends  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:05 PM »
USPS airmail $75 and upwards depending on how well it is packed. My Dirtwerx frame only came in a pretty decent box and was $50.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

mightynimrod

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:21 PM »
mmm depends what company he uses. I ve just been quoted $80 for a saddle through UPS. Got him to send USPS for $12 so just depends  :daumenhoch:

Was that the black kashimax aero guy?

I told him $15 and no more. LOL

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 10:15 PM »

Yeah  :LolLolLolLol: No fooking way i was paying that for a saddle

mightynimrod

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 10:17 PM »

You jammy git, that was one nice saddle. :daumenhoch:

Yeah  :LolLolLolLol: No fooking way i was paying that for a saddle

james1973

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Ive shipped two or three F&Fs out of the states recently and they usually charge around $60-65 using united states postal service which is the cheapest option.  :daumenhoch:

mightynimrod

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Ive shipped two or three F&Fs out of the states recently and they usually charge around $60-65 using united states postal service which is the cheapest option.  :daumenhoch:

Bloody slow though aint it?

james1973

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Tell me about it! I suppose it depends on whereabouts in America it comes from, and how long our friends at customs hang onto it etc.. It took a couple of weeks for my TA to arrive, and im still waiting for my PK...and several parts from various people, but its a risk you gotta take I guess!

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Hi There,

I've a Gt Performer F&F coming for San Fran, with bars & a few bits for $65 but it's going to take 4-6 weeks!!
Still i've been waiting 20 odd years for one so heh, it ain't so bad.

Paying more for postage than the gear though always grinds a bit.

I also bought a layback seat post from US recently, $11, H&M wanted £27.50 to release it!!!

james1973

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 07:08 PM »
Yes, can relate to that one, my experience so far is that ive ordered loads of parts from the US over the last few weeks, but only 3 have been held by customs until I pay their release fee, through Parcel Force, and it doesnt seem to matter whether its a big or small parcel or what the value is.  I think its luck of the draw which parcel they pull out and charge you for. If you bought in a box full of high explosive addressed to Osama B, im sure it would sail through without a second glance!

As San Fran is over on the west coast, it takes that extra time to get it accross the US. Good things come to those who wait!!!  :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  us ff shipping

gfxgfx
gfx gfx