gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  All my questions in one go....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: All my questions in one go....  (Read 885 times)

retrorb

All my questions in one go....
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:23 PM »
Bored today...so I have compiled some questions for you guys.

1) Is there a rule to which side the brake lever should be on for a show bike - I have always had the rear on the left but this seems to be always picked up on when some shows their new ride.....
2) Are Z-rims good for racing or freestyle?
3) I am building an old school race bike - what wheels - old or new and if so a type please (need to be strong and fast obvioulsy!)
4) What seatpost goes with a TA?
5) Can think of anymore.....

Cheers
Rob
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 02:26 PM by retrorb »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: All my questions in one go....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 02:34 PM »
brakes go where u like them zrims flexy but i raced on them for years and were good.araya or ukai seem to be some of the best but anything goes rearly,

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Rob

the brake lever issue is a good one. I have rear on the left as this is the English way apparently. To do with covering the rear brake when doing a right hand turn with a hand signal (Cycle Profficiency stylee). Suppose it is what you are used to.

Z-rims are good for both really, but would imagine better for racing.

Old school race, I would go for ukai or araya aeros. I had tuffs on the TA and they are like spaghetti (badoing).

Seatpost clamp is 7/8 of an inch if I remember correctly. I'm sure I will get corrected.

Good luck with the build mate, can't wait to see the finished product!  ;)

retrorb

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Almost there...its Bananaman's Chrome TA (I did buy it...not stolen!) in a race style with red grips, seat, chainring but black Z-rims and red knarler Knobbies (not quite sure how that'll look - but should be different)

It is for show rather than race but also building a seperate race bike.

Cheers
Rob

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 02:45 PM »
if you want to mess around in photo shop you can change the colour scheme of your bike to see how it would look.

retrorb

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 02:49 PM »
I prefer to spend £100's of pounds on NOS stuff and then I realise it looks like a bag of poo.....

That's not sarcasm..thats the truth...it gives me an excuse to start a new build with the parts that didn't work!

I used to have Photoshop but lost the disks and have a new PC now...so I sometimes do a really poor Paint version with coloured circles for the wheels etc...lol
That way the finshed result always looks better than my scribbling whatever the colour is!

duncan

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 04:56 PM »
I sometimes do a really poor Paint version with coloured circles for the wheels etc...lol

That's exactly what I do, except I use a program called GIMP which is free, and similar to Photoshop (at least for my needs).
I get pics of skyway wheels off ebay, then resize and reshape them so they blend with a photo of a bike.
Other parts can just be colour-filled.
Works pretty well to get an idea of how the colours will look.

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Here's a pic I edited before choosing colours with my last TA . . . the first pic is the original

Steve  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 07:08 PM »
Almost there...its Bananaman's Chrome TA (I did buy it...not stolen!) in a race style with red grips, seat, chainring but black Z-rims and red knarler Knobbies (not quite sure how that'll look - but should be different)

It is for show rather than race but also building a seperate race bike.

Cheers
Rob

What's my TA done!!!

Mines nearly finished >:D

retrorb

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 07:15 PM »
I hope you'll like it!

I was going to go with red ukais but they went sky-high on ebay the other night....then when I went to Biagio to get a pair - he was watching the auction and put his price up....suppose you sell for whatever someone's willing to pay...

but I won a nos pair of z-rims the last night with compIII blue/green labels....I'm sure I'll find some sucker who'll buy those tyres for £100 in 6 months time...lol

Yours exploititively....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 07:22 PM by retrorb »

duncan

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 08:13 PM »
You've got it down to a fine art there Steve, sure you don't just have 6 TA frames? :)

I like the black frame especially, unusual.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 12:46 AM »
You've got it down to a fine art there Steve, sure you don't just have 6 TA frames? :)

I like the black frame especially, unusual.

My fav is the candy red one, looks well nice :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  All my questions in one go....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx