gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:53 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dirt Bros Skyway Ta
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dirt Bros Skyway Ta  (Read 2977 times)

Bren Gunn

Re: Dirt Bros Skyway Ta
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 10:06 PM »
I have what is supposed to be a Dirt Bros 20"...

Curved bridge with washer and K serial number, holes on the inside.

Maybe, once Skyway started to sell the US T/A they boxed up all the imports and stuck 'em in a corner ???

Could that be what Dirt Bros used?

Bren :)

Lazarou

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2006, 11:07 PM »
Should be a date on the BB too.

Jazzchimp

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Even the one in that artical has the teardrop cut outs in the dropouts. There were some T/A forks that never had the cut outs in the dropouts either, I think Jazzchimp has a set  :daumenhoch:

Yes I do, and Skyway also said that they did a short run of TA frames the same. This was to see if the dropouts were stronger although they finally settled on heat treated dropouts with cut outs

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Perhaps Dirt Bothers got the frames without a serial number on and added their own  ???

maybe, but that would count Brens one out if it has a k number. All the old stock skyway ones had numbers already stamped on the bb though, even the unmade tube stock. Maybe DB filled and re-stamped them.

I have what is supposed to be a Dirt Bros 20"...

Curved bridge with washer and K serial number, holes on the inside.

Maybe, once Skyway started to sell the US T/A they boxed up all the imports and stuck 'em in a corner ???

Could that be what Dirt Bros used?

Bren :)

Could be and some they restamped some they didn't....

Should be a date on the BB too.

no dates on the K serial ones Laz.

We still have one with the K vent holes but with a straight bridge though. Fun, does the bridge welds look ok? colud it have been replaced aftersale? i know it's a long shot....i love it though :)

on a foot note Skyway seem to have no idea the k ones exist.

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 02:06 AM »
I dont think the brake bridge has been replaced. The welds look really tight. You guys may know so here are some pics:

I have had a really close look at the serial number and the T could be a dash... it would seem strange just to have a dash at the top though and not in line with the middle of the other numbers like this - 4A2327.
  Maybe the punch didnt get all the letter when forming the T......but then all the other letters are fully formed which means the first letter/symbol must have been added later and on its own unless it is a dash.  ???  It also looks deeper and thicker than the other numbers and letter A which look quite fine.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 02:09 AM by FuNMoNsTeR »

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 02:12 AM »
Bridge looks proper, have you got the forks fun?

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2006, 02:15 AM »
I wish  ;D
I was going to get some ARX's and make some cardboard solid dropouts for them...  :D
  standard ones are tough enough to find as it is.

Bren Gunn

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 10:24 AM »
Get the right forks for it....   

These...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-REDLINE-PROLINE-FORKS-GT-HARO-SKYWAY_W0QQitemZ220037634793QQihZ012QQcategoryZ22677QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They come up about as often as TA forks.

Love to know how many DBs are now TAs ???

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Could your serial number be a post code Andy, it might be that it was added by the owner  ???

The only way to make sure would be to strip the powder off the bb and see what is stamped on the bare metal, I know mine is barley ledgable with the amount of powder thats over it  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dirt Bros Skyway Ta

gfxgfx
gfx gfx