gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  retro line?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: retro line?  (Read 1374 times)

DJ

retro line?
« on: October 17, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Just a thought here BUT do you guys think it would be worth Haro releasing some old school products again but as with new school strength? Like cd's but under 36t that are thicker or maybe 25.4 twin seat clamps, group1 clamp-on stems etc.... You get my drift? I'm not asking for product suggestions (yet) just general opinion....
thanks

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Re: retro line?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Maybe, just don't go too naff with them. I quite like the theme you have already established; i.e. old school style frame with new school bits.

When you're ready for product suggestions, just let the floodgates open!!! Official old school repro sticker sets wouldn't be a bad idea though.

:daumenhoch:

DJ

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:41 PM »
OK, what I was thinkin was new school parts that look like the originals? That way a new school ride or even a retro ride can be customised in a more old school looking way whilst maintaining the strength & quality of new school design/materials etc....

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 03:01 PM »
I got what you meant DJ - like I said, just don't go too naff with them if you do. Personally, I like the old school style frames with the new school style parts.

I just mentioned the repro old school decals as an aside - cause the Haro collectors really want them!

:)

DJ

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 03:03 PM »
I have quite a few in my "collection", white, green & chrome master, blue, white sport, red fst's.... should be getting more soon too!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 05:26 PM »
Cranks, defo some Group 1 style box cranks, they would be good  :daumenhoch:

Number plates a maybe, skinwall/amber/white wall tyres would also be rad  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Yeah, that's a point DJ...how come you can buy Haro Multisurface 4 Whitewall tyres in the states/canada but not over here?

rom_kid_04

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 05:52 PM »
go for it

OTB

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 09:12 PM »
Very good idea i think... new OS bar, tires... (and why not T-shirt  ;)...)

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Clothing could be cool!

christhejob

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 10:17 PM »
proper kneesavers deej..
the videos are in an envelope, repeat, the videos are in an envelope.........................................

DJ

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Ok "jobster"...... errrrr.... the half of the mag money has been drunk in the form of mr daniels!! i owe you big!

WizardWeb

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 11:06 PM »
I like the idea of the t-shirts. or retro uniforms or are we getting too pervy now? !  :LolLolLolLol:

But parts yeah, that'd be cool, I can see that working. Not sure how big a production run you'd need to do to make it worthwhile though. 

I'd quite like some Freestyler stickers that would fit my '03 mirra flair..... ;)

Obbie

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Yeah DJ , put me down for a 30T Haro Fusion Disc and a 25.4 twin seat clamp .
And was it us talkin the other night that made you think of this ? Hope so ? It would be so cool as i had to put a smaller sprocket on an lose me fusion disc coz a was bending it all the time and f**t it right up .

DJ

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 11:51 PM »
"obbie" I'd thought about it for a while but seeing your 06 with the CD etc made me really think more about it.

Yeah, i was thinkin of tee's too.....

gotta get this f**kin Gen1 one thing right 1st though!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Here ya go DJ - further inspiration...my 06 Sport with retro parts:

Built to match the original 88 bike:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 10:28 PM »
that looks nice .
what about kneesavers as everyone rode them and great bars and haro fusion disk were cool but then do they still use the fusion name
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Obbie

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 01:52 AM »

Nuff Said..... :4_17_5:

lord

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Rad bikes lads i have one of these got it a few weeks ago will try and post a photo of it on here,well pleased with it had it over the ROM and it did not brake & was great fun,got a set of bars like in the first photo off my mate i think i will put them on as retro parts sound good & t shirts

Mark

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  retro line?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx