gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Death of MK....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Death of MK....  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Death of MK....
« on: October 07, 2006, 04:19 AM »
Is everyone aware that MK BMX club has closed down? So we're going to need another venue for next summers bash.

It's a shame there wasn't anyone local that could have taken up the mantle  :'(

Bren Gunn

Re: Death of MK....
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:27 AM »
That's a big shame, it was a fantastic venue for us oldschoolers...

Well the search is on for a new track :-\

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 08:52 AM »

flying fox or mattdub should know whats going on

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 09:13 AM »
even if the club has closed the track will still be there & available for use  :daumenhoch:

but it will have to endure about 9 months of vandalism in the mean time  :'(

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 09:20 AM »
that a shame as good track and good venue away from the life we all lead
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Flying_fox

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 10:24 AM »
It has not closed down at all. Where is all this shite coming from?

Pete Kirk has retired from running it, Dino Dev has gone to Peterborough.

New people are running it now, or will be very shortly. So every thing will be fine for the summer meet.

Who told you this Bob? They obviously dont come from round my way or they would know the truith.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 10:35 AM »

see told ya

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 12:14 PM »
It has not closed down at all. Where is all this shite coming from?

Pete Kirk has retired from running it, Dino Dev has gone to Peterborough.

New people are running it now, or will be very shortly. So every thing will be fine for the summer meet.

Who told you this Bob? They obviously dont come from round my way or they would know the truith.

great news Miles :daumenhoch:

it would be crap to lose a good venue like MK
it was the perfect place for the Rad meeting this summer  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 04:59 PM »
Good news Miles. i was told it was closed and was gutted about it. i couldn't understand how all these new tracks were being made and a good old one was going. thanks for putting me right, good stuff ;)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 09:10 PM »
I started this with Bob based on info I heard at the EA Champs @ Braintree.  Would be a shame to see MK go under and hope there will be a flurry of supportive parents/riders forming a committee to hold it together.  Pete Kirk was brilliant with MK and it has a lot to thank him for.  Looking forward to reading on BMX Talk that a rescue bid has been successful.  Humps

TK The Mic

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Glad to read that Mk is temporaly in transition and not dead altogether . I commentated at the inter region back in  June and it looked a great track to ride on.

Best wishes to all concerned

TK THE MIC

nishiki14

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Fooking hell, went from GUTTED to OVER THE MOON in about 3 mins, a bit like watching spurs in reverse, you shouldnt beleive everything you hear in Braintree, trust me I live here. Glad to hear it was all bullarks anyway coz it was a fantastic meet. :daumenhoch:

Bren Gunn

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Cool... looks like we got our new track then ::)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 04:03 AM »
ok, yeah, i didn't want to name any names but it was Humps that told me :)

Flying_fox

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 05:02 PM »
I was told last night by Hibster who's helping run the club next season that they are getting the books/ram/gate/keys etc of off kirky on tuesday night in an 'official hand over power'. Lee another old shooler whos helping run the club has fully commited himslef to the cause and will be running gates on a saturday afternoon throgh the winter, obviously old schoolers will be more than welcome. I'll try and get them to sign up on here and give updates, after all I'm not even a member of MK club, just a conserned neighbour and former member.

IMHO the first thing they should do is change the name from MK Crew back to the original one 'milton keynes and district bmx racing club'.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 05:54 PM »
phew!
I want to touch ORB

Moschops

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Loving your work Miles! :angel:
Hello all I will be running M K for the forseable future ,an EGM will be held soon, date to be announced shortley, where a new commitee will be put in place and the future of the club outlined.
I for one am very keen for M K to be a part of the old skool scene as well as the current race scene.
Yes some members have left us but this is due to their increeased succes in the sport and the necessity to train on more challenging tracks.
The gate is being modified this autum so wont be running for a while however we look forward to seeing you all at the track in the near future.

Wotch this space for updates.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 01:35 AM »
Welcome on board moschops, That is great news about MK, wishing you and the club every success, see you summer 07  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

gregster

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 10:05 AM »
Thanks for the update, will definitely be visiting MK as much as possible as it's a great track for us old schoolers. Actually could you make the jumps on the first straight a bit smaller for next year please?  ;D

:daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Hello all I will be running M K for the forseable future ,an EGM will be held soon, date to be announced shortley, where a new commitee will be put in place and the future of the club outlined.
I for one am very keen for M K to be a part of the old skool scene as well as the current race scene.
Yes some members have left us but this is due to their increeased succes in the sport and the necessity to train on more challenging tracks.
The gate is being modified this autum so wont be running for a while however we look forward to seeing you all at the track in the near future.

Is this Hibster ??

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Thats good news MK is staying open
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Flying_fox

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 06:37 PM »

Is this Hibster ??

No mosschops is Lee, Josh's Dad, Green new school Huffy with Green OGK mags. I think you know him, but seeing as you spend your spare time in the pub and the pie shop, not down the track you might not. ;)

BTW Matt, Hibster's moved to Buckingham now, so no excuses that youve got no one to ride with. ;D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 09:22 AM »

Is this Hibster ??

No mosschops is Lee, Josh's Dad, Green new school Huffy with Green OGK mags. I think you know him, but seeing as you spend your spare time in the pub and the pie shop, not down the track you might not. ;)

BTW Matt, Hibster's moved to Buckingham now, so no excuses that youve got no one to ride with. ;D

Cool  :daumenhoch:

Moschops

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Roumer mill is still running :Aresehole: :2gunsfiring_v1: :10_2_12:

Please can i re itterate M K BMX club is alive and kicking :4_17_5:

adeshere

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 11:29 PM »
Hi,

Currently building an old skool race bike.

Never racd before, and will probably take me all day to do a lap  :LolLolLolLol:

What the score with the MK track. Would i need to be a member ?

Do any old timers from here go there at all ?

Wouldn't mind an afternoon of messing around on my bike having a laugh

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Death of MK....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx