gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 06:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  old dp pics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: old dp pics  (Read 771 times)

phantom 19

old dp pics
« on: October 02, 2006, 09:34 PM »

I guess it is a glyn lewis version. As I said its not pretty!! The forks were off cheap and nasty bmx unfortunatly. It did have a gold tuffneck stem and black tuff IIs but was canibalised years ago. I have a set of white mags for it somewhere, I think they are zytec or sound something like that.
Dont know what to do with it really though!

Thanks for all info, great site. I even found out about my old chrome "Blue Max" BMX, I never knew what it was but always thought it was good as had tuff IIs , blue tuffneck stem and other good bits on it. Had an awesome iron cross head decal on it; Unfortuntly it went down the tip about 10 years ago as seatpost was seized in frame and dad wanted it out the garage  :(

theRuler

Re: old dp pics
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:36 PM »
cool
it'll scrub up

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Shame you don't have the original forks  :(
I actually sold a set of Glyn Lewis Firebird forks a couple of months ago that I had lying around and had no use for ::)

phantom 19

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:51 PM »
can you get period forks for it? it never had the original forks, ones on it originally had pegs welded halfway up fork leg.

Any ideas what forks would be good?

I have a couple of Yamaha RD's which need finishing before starting on anymore projects but no harm in collecting parts!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 02:03 PM »
I'll buy the frame off ya if you want to get ridd of it?   :angel: :daumenhoch:

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 02:07 PM »
Can you post a pic of the fork drop outs?

zed4130

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 03:38 PM »
I had a firebirdfreestlyer in 85 i loved it it was white with black tuff 2's with a coaster on the back great bike wish i still had it i gave it to a friends cousin yes iam a mug that was in 89 .

phantom 19

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 07:19 PM »
sorry, only had time to take 2 pics, it is at my parent house. The forks were off a cheap and nasty, I remeber fitting them as I sold the decent ones.

I will have a think about what to do with it, will be back there in few weeks.

duncan

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 07:33 PM »
You don't even have to build a whole bike if you don't want the expense/space it takes up.
A restored frame on its own makes a nice keepsake.
It'll sell no problem, but once it's gone you won't have your old bike any more, even if you were to buy another of the same type in the future.

Forks will turn up, might take a while but there must be a few sets around somewhere.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  old dp pics

gfxgfx
gfx gfx