gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  USA ebay sellers why are they so stubborn
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: USA ebay sellers why are they so stubborn  (Read 1761 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
USA ebay sellers why are they so stubborn
« on: September 30, 2006, 08:18 PM »
Why do so many USA ebayers refuse to ship to the UK...??I have over 500 pos feedbacks 100%. I contacted a seller twice about a redline he was selling, no reply at all. The sale has now finished and just scraped £100...
I really fancied that  >:(. And remember its only 2 weeks ago a PL20 went for £700 over here.
Talk about cut off your nose etc... :angrysoapbox:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: USA ebay sellers why are they so stubborn
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 08:46 PM »
ratty i have had the same problem,wanted a set of oakley f1s for my leary build but seller refused to post to the uk he wouldnt even let me pay for them ,luckily my brothers mate got them for me as he lives in the good? old us of a
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 08:51 PM »
Its seems a shame they treat us like that, off their rockers

mightynimrod

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 09:47 PM »
They are bloody stubborn, ive seen loads of restore possibilities on there which i fancied, only to be told US only.

Nobs!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 09:54 PM »
Just lost yet another proline cos they wont ship here, again it went for just over £100  :wtf: is wrong with them....
2 in a day, im gonna give up, just hope the guy with the proline forks dont change his mind :(

snav69

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Try using ebay canada , seems like 99.9% of them will post worldwide  :daumenhoch:
Dunno what redlines are on at the mo though   ::)
Paul

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 10:05 PM »
I allready got a bid on that one, just been outbid though, Thanks for the heads up though :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 10:08 PM »
I'm after some GT Performer bars and I must have enquired about four or five sets on the US bay and they always reply in the same old way, "US shipping only" . . . even though their description asks for international buyers to make contact 1st for shipping prices

Many US sellers are happy to export so it'll be unfair to tar them all with the same brush . . . just a shame the majority can't be bothered

Steve

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Even when they do sell they don't come, still waiting for my Assasin and am startin to shit it a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline showtime

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 12:33 AM »
it depends on how they sent em?

surface mail from the US can be up to 3 months >:(

weird how stuff from hong Kong arrives within the week but stuff from only the other side of the Atlantic can take almost forever  :tickedoff:

hang in there dude, its on its way ::)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 12:37 AM »
I have never been refused shipping to the UK.  If an auction says no overseas shipping, I always write a nice email stating that I am a genuine bidder will pay all shipping costs and pay via a verified paypal account.  They always say ok.

69ner

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 01:42 AM »
i have bought a few frames,bars,forks from usa most will ship ,others wont this is the reson some peoplehave feked it up for others because they refuse to pay the custom charge and get to krrp the bike and the seller in the usa has to pick up the tab

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 09:09 AM »
it depends on how they sent em?

surface mail from the US can be up to 3 months >:(

weird how stuff from hong Kong arrives within the week but stuff from only the other side of the Atlantic can take almost forever  :tickedoff:

hang in there dude, its on its way ::)

I paid for air shipping and it still hasn't come :'( :'( :'( :'( and no reply to various emails and contact through Evil Bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&item=260021785347&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I just want the bike so I can start to practice!!!

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Well after being advised by someone here I logged a claim last night with paypal and all of a sudden i get a reply from the seller tonight and the bike was sent today,  :Aresehole:

poppers

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Well after being advised by someone here I logged a claim last night with paypal and all of a sudden i get a reply from the seller tonight and the bike was sent today,  :Aresehole:

Shitbag was probably trying it on, people seem to think that cos your in a different country they can take the piss  >:(

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 09:50 AM »
I don't understand, they have to go to the post office and pay for it. Why can't they put a uk address on it and pay a little bit more. I've had the same problems with loads of parts ive seen but they all seem adimant that they would not ship :idiot2: :idiot2: :) :)

theRuler

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 09:53 AM »
I don't understand, they have to go to the post office and pay for it. Why can't they put a uk address on it and pay a little bit more. I've had the same problems with loads of parts ive seen but they all seem adimant that they would not ship :idiot2: :idiot2: :) :)

some americans just dont lke eurofags
notice that the bad guy (or gal) in an american film is always a brit?

poppers

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 09:53 AM »
I don't understand, they have to go to the post office and pay for it. Why can't they put a uk address on it and pay a little bit more.

That's the way i look at it as well. I think a lot of them Yanks are a bit simple. Half of them don't even have passports.

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Very racist me thinks :LolLolLolLol:

Frosty

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 10:02 AM »
I always do as Stidds said, polite e.mail asking if they will ship  - check my feedback etc etc.

It does seem that for some the trip to the post office is too much hassle and they prefer to use couriers who will pick up and deliver, but for us these companies are prohibitively expensive!!

mightynimrod

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 11:06 AM »

some americans just dont lke eurofags
notice that the bad guy (or gal) in an american film is always a brit?

One thing to say...........

"Friendly Fire"     :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 12:48 PM »
It is extremely frustrating though!  I'd like an ELF f+f to race on next year.....seen quite a few on the US of good ol A site but none ship to the UK!  and the last one (a double cross) only went for about £45! ffs!!   :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Hey i've got some elf forks on my Bandito! really need the Bandito forks or other double drop out forks

anyway also having trouble finding sellers of schwinn scrambler parts that will ship to the UK, have asked a few but they wont help, maybe i'm not polite enough :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  USA ebay sellers why are they so stubborn

gfxgfx
gfx gfx