gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Flights on a Euro BB?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Flights on a Euro BB?  (Read 484 times)

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Flights on a Euro BB?
« on: October 02, 2006, 06:01 PM »
Hi All! I have just purchased a Haro Cruiser which seems to have an MTB style BB. (Is it called Euro?) Anyhow, the narrow threaded type. I want to fit a set of the 401 flights you see on the US bay to give it an old school touch. Can this be done? All the cranks seem to come with the standard large BB.  :-\

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Flights on a Euro BB?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:25 PM »
if the axle fits in a euro bb then yeah
if not machine the axle to fit as ive done b4 so i could run profile bearings on a haro crank set
with no probs

selfpreservation

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 06:27 PM »
you can get dual pinch flight11s with a euro bb shouldnt be hard to find in the us (theyre not strictly 401s) ive got some me likey very much (mine are us bb though)

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 07:45 PM »
Yep you can.
I got a set of 401's from American cycles last year for my new school cruiser and they came with both US and Euro BB sets

Here's a link and they ship fast!

http://www.americancycle.com/cart.cgi?product=components_cranks_crank_hardware&cart_id=4907628_23722

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Thanks all for the info. Well at least I know it can be done. I wish you hadn't posted that link 'Nosnod', I have just found a world of cranks, lol. What a site!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Flights on a Euro BB?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx