gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Why don't Vans smell like they used to?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Why don't Vans smell like they used to?  (Read 3188 times)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Why don't Vans smell like they used to?
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Well I found some I like, there like the ones I had BITD
but they don't smell or feel the same, but for £39, there not bad  :)

mark j

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 01:26 AM »
You just reminded me I've got a pair of unworn ones in that colourway pre ollie patch.......ooooh! This is how sad a tw*t I am. But them 1/2 size too small so I don't wear them...... :idiot2:

macmark

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 11:10 AM »
I just got a pair I ordered for an 80's fancy dress party this weekend. They're the style 38 boots in black with an 80's blue and pink geometric print on the side. Didn't realise they had pink off the wall badge and pink soles FFS! :LolLolLolLol: Still they were £45 reduced to £21 at extreme-direct.co.uk

I've got to say the soles don't feel the same but they seem to smell the same. I've even got my sister who used to work at the Rom shop bitd to give them a sniff and she says it was like being back behind the counter again. Actually I did some scans for the invites for the party (my niece's 21st) I'm going to at the weekend and in one of them I was wearing the last pair of Vans I had. The picture was taken on her first birthday so this is the first pair of Vans I've had in almost 20 years. The ones I had on in the pic have severe toe pokage so they can't have lasted much longer.

Mark

DR VINOAH

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 03:28 PM »
i love them vans hi tops

had a few pairs bitd

one pair from rad city

in SE colours ,deep purple,biege,brown

wore em till they smelt of immonia

tdoublejj

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 05:32 PM »

i loved my vans,bitd,got them for christmas,
they came from ashton bmx.
that new smell was great and the feel.cost loads back then.
i was the only kid round our way to have them,and i wore them to death.

now i,ve shed loads,but alas the smell and the feel is different.
still the best trainners i've got and always got a pair on me feet.

but the way they felt and smelled  back then,priceless moments .

thanks for the vans advert,well cool.

tjj

zed4130

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 08:10 PM »
I had a pair of vans back in 82 still had them in 89 they wear very smelly and worn i chucked them out i wish i had kept them i still wear vans my last pair my wife chucked them out when i wasnt in 'ok they had big holes in them but i loved them.I just got a pair of rowley slims chequred of course my wife hates them and said i can only wear them on my bike 'thats fine with me they are great she's at work tomorow im taken the kids out ill wear them all day with no moaning.VANS for ever :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Why don't Vans smell like they used to?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx