gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Curb Dogs - **UPDATED**
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Curb Dogs - **UPDATED**  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Curb Dogs - **UPDATED**
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Wow, just found this on Southsea's site:

Is Brad Tubb - the photographer - on this site?  Any chance I could use this photo on the Curb Dogs page?

glitzy

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 06:57 PM »
hey nice pic's i was there ten years old and totally amazed. the pic's brought back fond memories

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 08:21 PM »
Wow, just found this on Southsea's site:

Is Brad Tubb - the photographer - on this site?  Any chance I could use this photo on the Curb Dogs page?

I`ll ask Carl Westfield for you Maurice, he might have some more pics too  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Krell

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Hi Maurice...!!.....Billy has just sent me a PM asking for more pictures. I'll look for some and post them for you. My best one of all you guys at Southsea is already shown (Craig with the damaged hand - hurt the day before)...but I'll look some out for you now. The picture you are asking about above of a "ramp to ramp" photographed by Bradley Tubbs...send an email to Simon Tiller at Southsea Skatepark website, tell him who you and want you want (Say Carl sent you !) and I'm sure he'll allow you any rights to the picture. I havn't had time to read this thread through yet. I'll post the pictures asap and then hang around for a chat !!...Carl Westfield (I've still got Paul Hudson's TA)....send me a PM with your email and I'll also send you loads of Skyway Team pictures from 84/85....OK they are not "kerb dogs" but still the same Skyway era.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 09:10 PM by Carl Copperfield »

DR VINOAH

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 09:52 PM »
ace pix carl

cant wait to see the rest :daumenhoch:

zed4130

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Zed4130, funny you should mention the letters for those plates.  I've been rebuilding that TA and went looking for some to do that white plate.  They are stick on letters and I found them at one of the chain office supply stores here - OfficeMax of Office Depot.  The brand name is "Headline" by "US Stamp and Sign".  I could help you get some if you want.

Bob_Acid.  Isn't that the truth?  Every major part on my bike was used and the bikes just morphed as you replaced piece by piece.

Speaking of riding other bikes: here's a pre-Curb Dogs shot just after getting a co-sponsor from Kuwahara.

And, here's a funny one from before that.  Check the seat post: broken pair of GT bars turned layback post.

maurice that would be great how much are they thanks for the help you guys influinced me so much in the 80's this means allot thanks  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:37 PM by billstup »

zed4130

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2006, 10:42 PM »
maurice do you still have those brake levers with the red covers and rubber hoods i noticed they were on your kuwi and later on your ta would love to see pics when done thanks  :daumenhoch:

Offline Maurice Meyer

• BMX Legend
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Carl, good idea.  I'll just e-mail them.  Can't wait to see those pix.

Zed4130, those letters are about $4.50 a set.  They come in different sizes and colors.  Maybe 2 or 3 fonts.  That white Curb Dogs plate in the Action Bike articles has 2" black and 3/4" red ones.  It's been costing about $8 to ship a 10oz shirt so you can figure from there.  No problem getting them to you.  I'm going to make a run over there soon for letters for another plate and I'm always going to the post office at lunch from work.

Yeah, I don't have the actual levers and covers from that bike but I've found the pieces.  The levers are Dia Compe Tech III.  The red sleeves are a BMX thing that come up on eBay here and there but Jason Eley hooked me up with those.  Thanks again Jay!  I found the black rubber covers were a Honda XR-70 thing and found a site that has originals and another with really good repros.

Just got some pretty amazing mid-resto pictures of the TA frame after the rust stripping but pre-chroming and I'm really psyched to get this thing done.  I'll definitely post the photos up here.

zed4130

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2006, 08:09 AM »
wow the levers look great ill get back about letters as a freind in england says there are some over hear ill check that out if i get any problems ill get back to you thanks for all your help curb dogs rule  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Curb Dogs - **UPDATED**

gfxgfx
gfx gfx