gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975753 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 12, 2024, 03:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tales from the vault. The SGX.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tales from the vault. The SGX.  (Read 7014 times)

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Tales from the vault. The SGX.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2024, 05:59 PM »
Plate sticker. Will print and fit this tomorrow.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2024, 06:35 PM »
Realised I had forgot a couple of things. Firstly I am done restoring filthy rusty parts. I need to sort the stem with these, but that is enough. I've been doing this crap now since Feb and I am now done for the year. Holiday in a couple of weeks, and I need it tbh.

The first thing I did was get a new seat clamp. With the original Maurice logo long gone from the original and the bolts absolutely f***ed (I've soaked them in vinegar, wire brushed etc, they are horrible still) I am done with it. IE, I can't even be arsed busting out the black paint. And then making a decal for it, etc etc. It's big, heavy, and a pain to get on the frame (need to reverse the bolts and spread it open). So, I got this for 12 quid from Ebay.

I also bought a rim strip. I was going to make one out of a road bike one, but again it is just more sodding around for the sake of very little money. I have also bought all new bolts for the stem. I am praying they are the correct size, as they were IDed by an American on a forum. They are Imperial, and again, rusted as fug. I could paint or try to get a blow torch and heat them/dunk in oil but again over the sake of 8 quid I just got a set in stainless.

So other than a good clean for the stem, minor touch ups and replacing the lettering with this.

I should be good to get it all built up.

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2024, 07:30 PM »

Online Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2024, 05:04 PM »

Few small things left to do.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tales from the vault. The SGX.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx