gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help with identifying a frame - sold as a Redline but not sure it is?!? Nishiki?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help with identifying a frame - sold as a Redline but not sure it is?!? Nishiki?  (Read 935 times)

cd

Need help with this one - if it isn't a Redline its going back to the person that sold it as one. I'm no expert with Redlines !?!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 11:59 PM by cd »

gt0733

Re: Help with identifying a frame - sold as a Redline but not sure it is?!?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:40 PM »
there should be a redline logo and serial number under the BB, or 1985 (could be 1986) the serial number was on the rear dropouts.
the bottom pic is upside down.

cd

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 11:44 PM »
None of that - serial on the BB is WB00013. the gusset is what makes it seem like a Redline.......but the little nick taken out of it is not so Redline

see  http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=19393.0

I think therefore its a Nishiki?

gt0733

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 11:57 PM »
you're right. send it back.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
see that little rounded out bit in the gusset. it's a nishiki. same as retro's and mine
ding dong

DR VINOAH

keep it

nishiki,s are rare  :angel:

cd

Strange that two of these have cropped up in the same week. Just though I'd mention this was the only BMX board that has identified it. Thanks to all who confirmed my suspicions. I bought it to bum around on but maybe I should take more care of it.......I never heard of them back in the 80s.

cd

Vegan

You win some you lose some, it cost me £20 at my local used bike shop, bit of paint and it sold well, you'll probably end up making it look better than i did Charles

Vegan

How much are Nishiki's worth then so i can cry into my pint

Charles I think you got a good deal, if you seriously want to get it back to me i'll honour a refund, otherwise enjoy your ride

cd

Vegan,

If it was a complete dud I would return it however since it has some historical value and I can't face driving to central south east London again I'll start stripping it down and buff it up. I don't know what it is worth - as much as someone who wants its prepared to pay I suppose.......either way it is an 80s BMX.

cd

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Help with identifying a frame - sold as a Redline but not sure it is?!? Nishiki?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx