gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 25, 2024, 06:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bonkers!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bonkers!  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Bonkers!
« on: December 27, 2022, 09:00 PM »
I thought that after 'lock-down' things would settle down a bit, but i Just saw this go through Ebay..

?388 for a pair of MX1000's, one of which had run loose and rubbed!

Jeez!
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: Bonkers!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 11:07 PM »
things are still crazy  :wtf:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 10:18 AM »
Yes, fun's been taken out the hobby  a bit now, the crazy prices were  also reflected at this years Mk .  Pair of baby blue coaster skyways  that had been  at  a certain stand  at MK 19 for ?325  we're back again  minus the  free wheel  for ?150 more, I tried to get a better price, but no luck. Glad I only make  very few purchases now. Got one more build to finish, and all my parts are in stock. 

According to my contacts Facebook  hasn't helped . Too many knobs with more money than sense??..

SDF.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 12:17 PM »
I can understand for genuinely rare parts, for me those would be Sugino 400 cranks, Harry Leary Turbo bits or chrome 7x rims for instance, but parts that were fitted far more widely and more commonly? If my financial situation was a better I would be chasing 400 cranks for my Laserlite, so I would be adding to the price inflation of those I guess but the more common parts, I won't pay those prices!

I have 4 completes in my living room and I guess it will never be 5, at least in the current, and prolonged climate. I do have a frame in the spare room but no parts to build it up. Anyway, I still enjoy visiting here everyday.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 12:19 PM by Avro »
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bonkers!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx