gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can't get my seat post in!!!!!!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can't get my seat post in!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 727 times)

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
Can't get my seat post in!!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 23, 2006, 06:02 PM »
I can't get the seatpost on my TA in any more than about three inches any ideas before I get the hammer out????????????

Tried WD40 and opening the seat tube a tad

Bike looks big enough for a basketball player :LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Can't get my seat post in!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 06:07 PM »
first i would try another seat post or put a light sand paper down , and cheque if there an obstruction some bikes have seat post wedged down to the bottom then snapped of.

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 01:49 PM »
bit of dowel rod and some wet and dry.........or dremmel.....

Dave
haro, how do you do

bof

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:17 PM »
get a torch and have a look down it there might be something in there, its a bit strange that it goes in and then stops.

selfpreservation

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 09:41 AM »
is the post too big?, i have a mongoose proclass seatpost thats 22.6 instead of 22.2 i had to grease it to get it in (the seatpost that is )

gt0733

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 06:04 AM »
don't belt it in mate! sometimes the tube may suffer from the welding. get a fine rat tail file and clean up the inside of the tube around where the welds are. then make sure you get the filings out (compressed air) and spray some fish oil (or rust preventative) in there. it stinks for a while but it will definetly stop any rust from starting.

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Well, can't see owt in there and it refuses to go in :tickedoff: had the file round her and my finger right down in her fnar fnar smooth as a babies, just feel some small holes into the rear and top tube thats it!!!!!!!

This post came out of it so can't get me head round it at all!!!!!!!

Offline Bananaman

• BMX Nerd
  • Le Mans Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 03:59 PM »
is the post too big?, i have a mongoose proclass seatpost thats 22.6 instead of 22.2 i had to grease it to get it in (the seatpost that is )

Just to satisfy myself that it isn't that I have tried a 22.2 from another bike and it fits fine :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Anyone need an original GT Seatpost, must be slightly bigger 22.6 :10_2_12:, thinkin about it I did have a wrestle with the seat and post when I got it out :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can't get my seat post in!!!!!!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx