gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 12:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline date please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline date please  (Read 2005 times)

Offline oldskooldayz

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Redline date please
« on: June 04, 2020, 10:08 PM »
Hi peeps
I need help putting a date to a Redline, I don't have pics to upload at the mo but I e got the serial number whis is as follows.
DSBM
Redline in oval

Frame n forks are chrome but the forks have caps at the bottom and also the forks have no markings or stamps at all.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 12:43 AM by oldskooldayz »

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: Redline date please
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 12:49 AM »
Pictures always help.

My guess = 1984
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline oldskooldayz

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 09:32 AM »
Can't get any pictures at the mo I'm unfortunately as my uncle lives far away and uses an old prehistoric phone lol.
But thanks for the reply so far

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 01:06 AM »
Any idea of the model? In any case the "DSBM" means that it's a Taiwanese-made frame and I'm guessing that would be an 84/85, as I think most if not all of the Redline production had by then moved from the US and Japan to Taiwan.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 10:29 PM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldskooldayz

• Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 09:47 PM »
84/85 sounds good in terms of age, from what I remember when I last saw it and from pictures Ive seen it doesn't have the little plate behind the seat tube/tail.
Inside the BB all holes are open for seat tube and down tube if that helps, I will take a trip in a couple of weeks and take some pictures of it and hopefully that will clear up the mystery but really appreciate all the answers.
Cheers

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 10:57 PM »
If my memory serves me well, I think those seat mast gussets were only on the earlier Eighties frames. I did a shedload of research on Redline serials before (and after) I bought an '84 500a. I'm guessing that the serial you found is on the BB but when you check out the frame again, see if there's anything on the dropouts as well. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldskooldayz

• Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 03:33 PM »
Thanks for the info and good to know you know your stuff, I've been searching the web and getting very confused lol, I will indeed check the dropouts and see what I can thanks.
Will defo update when I can see it properly. :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 11:42 PM »
Not sure about knowing my stuff, but am happy to add to the confusion! ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline date please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx