gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 01:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Where are they now? BMX Beat 1985
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where are they now? BMX Beat 1985  (Read 37168 times)

jeff spicoli

Re: Where are they now? BMX Beat 1985
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 09:35 AM »
I have always said that I ride toss then and now, I do enjoy bmxing but I dont think I have ever reached a good standard of riding. Where is the big head thing from? I only said to billy that I did both comps .I rode like a tw4t in both . Thanks for your advice Dan  :LolLolLolLol: it has changed my life. Everybody that knows me knows I am not a big head you have just read the post wrong.

I was a very lucky lad getting to ride with some great riders bitd. Why dont you come to Bones and I can show you my vanderroll :LolLolLolLol: and your right they do laugh at me bacause I ride like a 40 year old trying to recapture some of the buzz. I dont sit about talking sh1te about who i used to be ,we just have a good time. I have ridden with Billy and had a good time.

Pike........... GT paid me to go to bmx beat I thought everybody got paid for that one. The Kellogs was with Alan so I think it cost me ;D

leading you into skateboarding was a trip in itself, Pike left us all for dead on that too. He skated with the pro's on vert and was unreal. I have never seen anybody progress on a board like Pike.  :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:51 AM by jeff spicoli »

dj_benice

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 10:37 AM »
theres down to earth, then about a foot below that hidin is Andy...........  Will get me dad to watch the moans today sure it's his bag?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 10:50 AM »
superbikedan  dan hear ,have you any pics of you from rom btd as i herd sunday you was bit of a sky pilot
getting it large out of the bowls.i do remember a few lads from back then who went massive like a lad we
called crazy legs,he went high.

jeff spicoli

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 11:39 AM »
theres down to earth, then about a foot below that hidin is Andy...........  Will get me dad to watch the moans today sure it's his bag?

That Romones is the one we had on tape in his cavalier in 85. Im off back underground ;D ;D

jeff spicoli

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 12:11 PM »
I have just been through all my posts to see what I have said that could make me sound big headed and i have found nothing. Its just all bmx banter with people I ride with. So Dan Whats your real problem? Your not Peter Hawkins are you? :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

jeff spicoli

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 12:23 PM »
andy, i remember your flip off the trick ramp and the millions of fly outs and drop ins. :) i also recall a cherry picker in your flat run.

I have never seen that and I have never wanted to see it. I rode bad whenever a camera was pointed at me. The comps took the fun out of it for me I liked just ridin with the lads.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 12:27 PM »
superbikedan  dan hear ,have you any pics of you from rom btd as i herd sunday you was bit of a sky pilot
getting it large out of the bowls.i do remember a few lads from back then who went massive like a lad we

For powder coating drop me a pm

othomas2

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2006, 12:51 PM »
Sorry, I'm a young'n but vaguely remember watchin bmx beat as a very young kid. I recently watched it again, so mike were you the lad on the Team Aero Pro ? If so, do you still have the bike ?  ??? Sorry if I've got this wrong, like I say I'm not too old school.  :LolLolLolLol:

cheers
Owen

Trev

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2006, 01:15 PM »

Sorry, it's not a very clear pic.

jeff spicoli

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Wow is that me? I dont recognise the bike but I can see a rector elbowpad that I always wore and still wear, not the same ones ;D I would love a clear pic of that to show my kids. I think that is Mason Smith in the Haro gear.

Ta for that Trev :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 02:02 PM »

quality mate .rom rider throu and throu well high on concret that takes some guts.i can remember doing the tyres ,forgot about them quality memories just come flooding back cheers fella .dan.

Trev

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 02:33 PM »
Wow is that me? I dont recognise the bike but I can see a rector elbowpad that I always wore and still wear, not the same ones ;D I would love a clear pic of that to show my kids. I think that is Mason Smith in the Haro gear.

Ta for that Trev :daumenhoch:

I think that is actually Paul Zak in the background with the Haro pants on.

jeff spicoli

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Ok  :daumenhoch:

theRuler

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2006, 03:24 PM »
I have just been through all my posts to see what I have said that could make me sound big headed and i have found nothing. Its just all bmx banter with people I ride with.

you said this:

Quote from: jeff spicoli
i was reigning world champion for 11 years straight. i was doing 900's in 1979. no one could beat me, i was unstoppable. i had to retire to give others a chance. fiola would drug me on the morning of a show so he didnt looks so shit compared to me. and after the shows i would have a bunk up with peter hawkins

jeff spicoli

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2006, 03:25 PM »
 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:Your not usually this funny Graeme have you been saving it all up?. You are close except for the 900 stuff the world champion bit and the Peter Hawkins filth .  :2funny: :2funny: I was eight in 1979 ;D I could only do a 720 then ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 03:52 PM by jeff spicoli »

jeff spicoli

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2006, 03:40 PM »
andy, i am a tubby gumby boy

Your words not mine, dont be so hard on yourself. :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 03:43 PM by jeff spicoli »

theRuler

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2006, 05:32 PM »
i am a tubby gumby boy

lol
that will be the title of my biography

jeff spicoli

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2006, 05:49 PM »
i am a tubby gumby boy

lol
that will be the title of my biography

Do you fancy a trip to blackpool skatepark next weekend?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 05:53 PM by jeff spicoli »

mike pardon

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2006, 06:49 PM »
Sorry, I'm a young'n but vaguely remember watchin bmx beat as a very young kid. I recently watched it again, so mike were you the lad on the Team Aero Pro ? If so, do you still have the bike ?  ??? Sorry if I've got this wrong, like I say I'm not too old school.  :LolLolLolLol:

cheers
Owen
Hiya Owen, yep it was me on bmx beat mate. Also dont worry mate iam not to old school either which is why i still race and ride my bike and skateboard and dont have a bloody clue where my old aero pro is!! Life is for living not for polishing every night.
cheers mate, theres no old or new school. Just do it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:01 PM by billstup »

Arma

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2006, 06:52 PM »
I TOOK THAT PHOTo of dan doing the tyres and a few more after he  cleared  14  then tried 15 and broke his arm me ,marco and pikey were stuck on 12   , cool shit dan  HAPPY DAYS BRO.............................

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I heard all Rom locals were pussies...................

Arma

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2006, 07:03 PM »
AND YOU THE WETTEST ONE BRO  ............HA

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2006, 07:06 PM »
Yeah,  I know.................................

othomas2

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2006, 07:55 PM »

cheers
Owen
Hiya Owen, yep it was me on bmx beat mate. Also dont worry mate iam not to old school either which is why i still race and ride my bike and skateboard and dont have a bloody clue where my old aero pro is!! Life is for living not for polishing every night.
cheers mate, theres no old or new school. Just do it.

Great words there, cheers  :daumenhoch: Shame about the aero pro... I hope you come accross it one day. I remember thinkin, freestyling on an AP...  8) I've just recently picked one up... love it to bits.  :daumenhoch:

Good to here you are still riding etc.

cheers
O

greentoad

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2006, 09:01 PM »
Mason is doing well and is still a BMX Boy!

J.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Where are they now? BMX Beat 1985

gfxgfx
gfx gfx