gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  my redline proline build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: my redline proline build  (Read 1006 times)

gt0733

my redline proline build
« on: September 17, 2006, 12:12 PM »
after a couple of weeks i found the frame and fork set i needed from the good ol USA.  :coolsmiley: my build will replicate the original bike i had in 1982, which will include 401's, sugino spider and 44t sprocket, araya 7x's, bullseye hubs, comp 3's, KKT pedals, grab on 2's (if i can find a decent set) brute neck and proline "V" bar, mx 1000 or 900 (i can't remember exactly) aero seat, cro-mo post and suntour clamp.
now the fun is finding it all.  :D
after a bit of looking around the hardest to find will be the correct snap close pads (white with red lettering), sticker kit and original lightning bolt Haro no. plate. if anyone has these or knows of any for sale could you please let me know. thanks.
as things progress i'll post up some piccies. actually, i've got some pics from back then i might post up if they scan ok.  :daumenhoch:

Bren Gunn

Re: my redline proline build
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Good luck mate, hope you have plenty of cash, the number plate will cost more than the frame, forks and bars put together... look cool though :daumenhoch:

Post a pic of your old bike :)

Bren.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 08:45 PM »
Me, bren, and jimwise love a proline, we have all built or about to finish one, get the old pics up, its allways great to see them, and dont forget to take some pics while your building it.... :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Yeah get pix up and lets see the baby!

Pads will be fun to find too. An early set just went on ebay, missed the final price but they were well over $200 with still a day to go.

Nice to see another Redline as the museum seems to be a bit short on them.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 05:40 PM »
That NOS white vinyl padset went for £173 and I don't think they had the foam either!  :shocked:

I have a NOS full set of 4 pads (Frame, stem, straight bar and v-bar) that I might be letting go soon along with a Redline Brute Stem.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 05:59 PM »
That NOS white vinyl padset went for £173 and I don't think they had the foam either!  :shocked:

I have a NOS full set of 4 pads (Frame, stem, straight bar and v-bar) that I might be letting go soon along with a Redline Brute Stem.
Can I have first refusal please :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

gt0733

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 10:35 PM »

don't tease :LolLolLolLol: just send me a pm and some fine Aussie pesos could be dropped into your account  :angel:

gt0733

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 12:20 AM »
the KKt pedals are proving a touch difficult. does anyone know the website for an ebay seller called rockchick_1? the shop's name is vert-ego.
the grab ons are going to be even tougher. looks like it's AME for now.

i've looked through my old photo albums and i've got no decent shots of the proline on it's own, just a skinny 16 year old me doing some jumps. i've got some reasonable pics of my old quicksilver that i'll put in the museum.

Sanmarcopizza

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 09:04 AM »

gt0733

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 09:10 AM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  my redline proline build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx