gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 05:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Flying Banana meets Proper
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Flying Banana meets Proper  (Read 3015 times)

Trev

The Flying Banana meets Proper
« on: September 16, 2006, 08:45 PM »

Proper are doing a limited run of old school colours on their Proclaimer frames... Check out the GT 1985 Fiola yellow...  :4_17_5:

muttley

Re: The Flying Banana meets Proper
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 11:05 PM »
fiola is a tool and no one can change that. He was not even that good just look at the old vids. Carlo on the other hand is mental and his footage will hold up for years to come. So its a yellow bike  as yellow was about a long time before that little mexican alien fiola.

Have got to admit that i watched that footage the other day of Fiola at pipeline and he was looking a bit mediocre  :-X

Trev

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 12:02 AM »
If you watched that vid recently, then it will be mediorce. If you watched it in 1984, it was brilliant.

mightynimrod

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 04:26 AM »
Why did he win so many prizes then?

And more to the point what does it say about the guys he beat?

motomagII

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 08:50 AM »
nice story andy  :daumenhoch:

love these old stories from the ones who know the real insides

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 08:53 AM »
Hi Jeff, loved that post. By the way excuse my ignorance but who are you again, I'm taking it your not called Jeff :LolLolLolLol:

christhejob

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 08:59 PM »
boo sucks!
this was the most entertaining thread i had read in a long time, fiola is not untouchable!
more bbc more, and less deletions!!

dj_benice

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 09:43 PM »
jeff=mr irwin=chap that was inches from sparkin fiola on the fire escape(I think, some hotel or other) on the uk leg of tour=not a bad rider for an old man either ;D

jeff spicoli

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 10:35 PM »
I dont think fiola is untouchable but I cant be arsed with people that know nothing about what went on  on the tour in 85. If anybody had seen the way Fiola acted they would hate him to, and remember I went on that tour as a fiola fan and came home and never rode a bmx for nearly 20 years because of that weapon. As for the fire escape thing I wish I had hit the little git.  The good news is I have seen a recent video of him and he is sh1t . Still doing the circus tricks due to lack of skill. I know this because I can do most of them myself. Less of the old Peter or mr and mrs spank will take a short sharp trip to botty land :2funny:

So what do you want to know? I will tell it like it was no bullsh1t.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:45 PM by jeff spicoli »

dj_benice

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 11:10 PM »
the old is retracted  :2funny:

Trev

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 11:17 PM »
andy, i appreciate you telling it like it is. i was never actually a fiola fan as when i got into the sport he had just got beat by neil ruffell in the kelloggs and after that he never really done anything. but i can still appreciate what he did for the sport. there have been plenty of tw@ts in the sport over the years. every sport will have their icons that people will look up to, but in reality they are ar$3h0l3$. i have also heard many stories from other riders as to what mr fiola was like and i've not heard a good word about him. i heard glyn lewis nearly knocked him sparko. all i can say is that i never met him, so cannot pass judgement on him but if people i know who knew him say he was a tw@t then i'll take their word for it. but at the same time i can differentiate between eddie fiola the rider and eddie fiola the person. he wouldn't have been as famous as he was if he was sh*t.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:19 PM by Trev »

jeff spicoli

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Feeling a bit touchy today Peter about the age thing. Fook me what happened I went to bed in a good mood and woke up aged 41 :wtf:. It has gone so fast since your dad drove me to the shows at warp factor 7. It seems like yesterday to me. So I have learned my lesson and will spend the next decade bmxing in my spare time.

jeff spicoli

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 11:23 PM »
I think he was a so so rider and the rest was GT hype. If he was a boxer he would be Naseem Hamed , all show and full of himself but sh1t at the end of the day. I think Eddie would be the first to admit he is a tool.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:30 PM by jeff spicoli »

Eddie Fiola

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 11:30 PM »
I am a tool

jeff spicoli

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 11:31 PM »
see

Trev

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 11:32 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

dj_benice

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 11:35 PM »
hehe no worries mate driving anywhere with me dad is going to age you, swear I was about 30 before i left infant school  :D   PMSL @ rads own Eddie fellover i mean fiola

Coastvl

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 10:38 AM »
LOL you guys crack me up.
By the way, Watson was better first! I reckon I could've given Eddie a run for his money back then. Never got the chance though.
From what I've seen, I reckon you guys were better than most of the yanks.  :coolsmiley:

jeff spicoli

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 05:36 PM »
Watson Ruled and is a real legend. :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

P0LL0

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 11:34 PM »
They were all sh!t, bloody GT rubbish.........Skyway team were the way forward, it was only ever posers and ponces on GT, lets have a look who actually rode for them:-

Fiola, Irwin (Not a bad bloke really), Breed, Volker, Campbell, (Wilkerson dont count), The other UK monkey........cant remember.
See!!!!!

Now then, lets look at the Skyway team:-

Hoffman, Griggs, Gerlack, Canning, Ruffell, Campbell, Gonzales, Stupple, Brown, Davies

I rest my case  :daumenhoch:

Coastvl

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 12:36 AM »
Moo's bike shop! No major sponsor and he was as good as Tinker! watson was the original legend.
Skyway guys later in my life. I was out by then. Did you guys know Johnny Chopper was a factory Skyway rider?
pic taken from JC's site.

jeff spicoli

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 07:56 AM »
Stevie Wevie dont be so mean on all the GT riders as most were pretty good but all G T's efforts went into Fiola . For me Lord Volker was awesome to watch . Martin Aborigani or whatever I thought was toss. The other UK Monkey would be JESS the airfreak DYRENFORTH or did you mean dave curry?. We loved skyway as much as everbody else and all the teams got on pretty good bitd ,I would always have a laugh with Neil Ruffell ,Billy Stupple,Rock Hudson, and Craig told me at Meadowbank that Peter Hawkins got in his bed. I was safer on GT thats for sure.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 08:57 AM by jeff spicoli »

P0LL0

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 01:06 PM »
Stevie Wevie dont be so mean on all the GT riders as most were pretty good but all G T's efforts went into Fiola . For me Lord Volker was awesome to watch . Martin Aborigani or whatever I thought was toss. The other UK Monkey would be JESS the airfreak DYRENFORTH or did you mean dave curry?. We loved skyway as much as everbody else and all the teams got on pretty good bitd ,I would always have a laugh with Neil Ruffell ,Billy Stupple,Rock Hudson, and Craig told me at Meadowbank that Peter Hawkins got in his bed. I was safer on GT thats for sure.  ;D ;D ;D

Hang On!! http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Eddie+fiola&word2=Craig+campbell

Seriously though, the ones i met then in the list always seemed ok....Jess was always seemed so posh, coming from Highgate and all, especially to a lad from Crawley where the poshest thing that ever happened was when you found out someone owned there own crow bar! Paul Hudson i met a few times and he was ok, boring but ok! Craig and Neil alwasy seemed to live in there own little world but i reckon that was down to Pete and the way he overhyped there celebrity status.........Dave Curry.....Mmmmm, sold a pair of AZ bars recently on the bay and he mailed me to ask if they had AZ stamped on them to make sure they were genuine! Tosser!!!!! he hasnt changed a bit!

madall

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 09:58 PM »
Didnt realize Hawkins was a pillow bitter :wtf:

Trev

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 12:21 AM »
i was a flatlander bitd and as far as i'm concerned martin aparijo was one of the top riders. it is so easy to look back now and think they weren't that great for only doing hopping tricks and the like, but at the time, people like Martin & Woody Itson were the inspiration for most of the flatland riders back then.

Unless you were there at the time, you will never appreciate what people like Fiola, Dominguez, Itson, Aparijo, Wilkerson, Blyther did for the sport. I'm sure I've missed of plenty of people, but those in the know, know...

I have recently watched BMX Beat and known I could blow them all away, but at the time I was a mere peasant.  You have to appreciate the level of skill at the time of riding.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  The Flying Banana meets Proper

gfxgfx
gfx gfx