gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 06:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shamed but still standing (wish I bounced like back in 1982)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shamed but still standing (wish I bounced like back in 1982)  (Read 800 times)

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Yesterday a friend and I were 'shake-down' riding two bikes I intend to bring to MK. What could go wrong. The bikes were a 1983 GT Pro and a 1982 Tange Hot Heart. It became clear, pretty much out of my front door, that I had been way too soft tightening nuts and bolts on the Hot Heart. 20 yards from home and the handlebars needed tightenening at the stem. All seemed well, started bunny hopping down Bridgeland St. and after one particularly super hop (it would have been world class of course) the handlebars collapsed and I went arse over tit right infront of Wetherspoons - classic.

Hot Heart now has a scuffed fork decal and a very sorry OGK Mach left hand grip. Grips are so hard to get!!!!!! Elbows heal!
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 09:39 PM by Avro »
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline PHIL9HUF

• Site Supporter
  • Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Shamed but still standing (wish I bounced like back in 1982)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 12:54 AM »
Hope it dont hurt too much mate !The pride might hurt though :LolLolLolLol:
Just ride em to the pub and dont bother with the tricks we dont bounce anymore  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Re: Shamed but still standing (wish I bounced like back in 1982)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 06:47 AM »
Nothing wrong with riding 'em as they were designed for, though that said...

...we dont bounce anymore  :LolLolLolLol:

I can definitely vouch for that ^^^ given my current state.

On the plus side, pain heals, and chicks dig scars!! :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:51 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shamed but still standing (wish I bounced like back in 1982)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx