gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone else having a nostalgic bid on BMX ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone else having a nostalgic bid on BMX ?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Anyone else having a nostalgic bid on BMX ?
« on: February 03, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Love this blokes stuff. Fond memories of saving my paper round money and visiting my local BMX tat stockist Smart Wood Craft, (who basically sold everything including BMX parts Lander etcetera) and purchasing a few bits to customise my Tuff Burner!!   Won same rear sanders, and bidding on other stuff. Anyone else having a nostalgic bid? I don’t need anything, but just cant help bidding. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-school-bmx-NOS-landar-handlebar-stem-gold-anodised-mint/132076846244?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D4bec4efd888c4a30be29f98b448c12b1%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D132062784952
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone else having a nostalgic bid on BMX ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 05:53 PM »
It looks the same as a suntour power stem apart from the suntour stamping

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 06:02 PM »
Beware they are really weak and far inferior to suntour ok for show but not for riding I had a blue one that parted company with the shaft mid wheelie! not good!! ,might be the fact that's its old stock but I wouldn't take a chance,there was a guy in Scotland that has/had a ton of lander stuff about 5-6 years ago bars,forks,stems you name it he had it so could it be some of this stuff being leaked out?

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:04 PM »
Whatever floats your boat .. It's nos and Landar.... Landar was all I could afford BITD  :daumenhoch:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 06:08 PM »
Yeah , I remember,  it was all I could afford. It will definitely only be ever for show on my low end range bikes.   
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 07:07 PM »
I always liked Landar too. Its had similar looks to the high end parts. It made my bike feel cool.  :daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 07:15 PM »
Tony (torkerdude180) will be all over this. He loves Landar and off the wall/novelty stuff

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 03:10 PM »
I won a front and rear set of Powerglide cables in pink, total price including shipping £8.50 explosion. I an "living the dream" I found for Freestyle that the Powerglides were more robust than Diacompes...... Aint  got a clue what I bought em for, might have to do a build around em.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 03:17 PM »
Nice price on this mislabelled listing so far
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/old-school-bmx-NOS-Belvin-rear-brake-cable-silver-/132077888075?hash=item1ec074a24b:g:ZxYAAOSw44BYeoqX

He had a fair few up for grabs the other week all labelled up as Belvin... all went for cheap.  :idiot2:  He's not made the same mistake this week.  :LolLolLolLol:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

griff

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 03:36 PM »
Would have been tempted but I'm not one for buying parts 'just in case'
Nice to see some bits out there going cheap though, I've paid way more than that in the past for one of those cables

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 06:13 PM »
Yeah I was bidding for the both the piink,and luckily won.The silver cable also caught my eye.

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 11:55 AM »
How comes those Rat Trap pedals he's selling are at £103.69 :shocked:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Blimey, ain't got a clue on the pedals, are they rare?..

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 07:56 AM »
The FIBRAX  standers are back on eBay  seller Kizzyjones  (169) at four times the price! I only paid six for mine.   Wonder of some mug will buy em..bloody rip off merchant explosion

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone else having a nostalgic bid on BMX ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx