gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Raleigh burners
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Raleigh burners  (Read 11620 times)

Offline brimfull

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Raleigh burners
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 11:18 PM »
Top burner available I believe would be a Pro Burner not an aero pro or team pro  :daumenhoch:
I always liked the og Pro Burner with the double R gusset, I remember someone telling back then they were made in the same factory as Diamond Backs but that could well have been bs

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2016, 07:16 AM »
Top burner available I believe would be a Pro Burner not an aero pro or team pro  :daumenhoch:

The only list that someone has kindly assembled  (and he stressed he's not a burner expert so it's not a reflection on himself) doesn't contain a pro burner.

Surely there's a burner God lurking on here that could give us the full list starting at the Base model upwards

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2016, 07:39 AM »
Top three in the Burner range was the Pro Burner made by Koizumi (same factory as Diamond Back) then I'd say the Aero Pro then the Team Aero Pro (both Tange made).  :daumenhoch:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline willo73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 07:56 AM »
Koizumi also made some team aero pros although they still came with tange arx forks. Koizumi also made the mk2 cromo burners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline willo73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Raleigh burners
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2016, 07:57 AM »

The only list that someone has kindly assembled  (and he stressed he's not a burner expert so it's not a reflection on himself) doesn't contain a pro burner.

Surely there's a burner God lurking on here that could give us the full list starting at the Base model upwards

The burnerworld link Ady posted is about the most comprehensive think you'll find 8)

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2016, 08:12 AM »

The burnerworld link Ady posted is about the most comprehensive think you'll find 8)

I couldn't see a pro burner listed on that and I didn't even know they came with a R gusset.

I did Google them this morning and someone in 2011 with the user name willow  (is that you) posted as having a pro burner but I can't remember what site it was. I know it was someone trying to start a serial number list and it wasn't on this site

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2016, 08:29 AM »
Absolutely love this ..
I did see one as a kid once ..,
It was love at first sight ..

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline willo73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 09:08 AM »

I couldn't see a pro burner listed on that and I didn't even know they came with a R gusset.

I did Google them this morning and someone in 2011 with the user name willow  (is that you) posted as having a pro burner but I can't remember what site it was. I know it was someone trying to start a serial number list and it wasn't on this site
Yup that was me, I did have a mark 1 pro a while back. Classic bike but tiny to ride

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 09:58 AM »
True a peace of art to look at but bike more suited to those vertically challenged to ride !  :LolLolLolLol: :D
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline welshv5er

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • 84 Ultra Burner & 85 Team Aero Pro Owner
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2016, 08:35 PM »
jesus i forgot about the Pro Burner  :-[
Pretty rare thing back in the 80's, cost a bloody fortune too. more than a months wages for most households.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Raleigh burners

gfxgfx
gfx gfx