gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bikes you own or like now that passed you by as a kid?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bikes you own or like now that passed you by as a kid?  (Read 2567 times)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Bikes you own or like now that passed you by as a kid?
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Most of the stuff I love is the stuff I loved back then as a kid but couldn't afford.
There are a few exceptions ...

I'd really love to have a Kuwi E.T. now
I didn't even see the movie until the late 90s .. "It was a stupid Hollywood kids movie" .. Yes it's true .. It passed me by ..

I'd love either of these to be fair!

I'd also love a Harry Leary Turbo
They are just class...

Being into freestyle many race bikes just passed me by then..

I love my GHP Pro 1
I remember loving the earlier models but this didn't really register with me at all BITD.

It's one of my favourite bikes on my collection now ...

It's a dream to ride.. Very light.. Very fast.

What are your choices or what bikes do you have that didn't really register with you back then?

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Re: Bikes you own or like now that passed you by as a kid?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 06:22 PM »
I have Falcon Pros (had one as a kid), Skyway T/A (dreamed about having one as a kid), 2 MT Racing - I remember them growing up and though the chrome/black/white colour scheme was super cool. A lad I knew had a Peugeot Black Lion and I liked it, hence why I have one now. I always loved the Raleigh extra burner, so have one of those (my current build). I wasn't aware of VDC or GJS until a few years ago, but very quickly decided that I wanted both in my life. I love your GHP too - again, I wasn't aware of them back in the day but love them now....

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 10:50 PM »
I am lucky enough to own most of the bikes I wanted as a kid .
I remember back in 83 seeing a pink pk ripper at a police auction and dreaming one day ..
The only one bike That passed me and still to this day I look out for one was my mate who I use to ride with.
He had a white TRM and I be honest I didn't like it at first the frame angles the steep seat post..
But seeing them now I would deffo give my left kidney for one as the look the dogs dangly..
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 01:31 PM »
I don't remember Thruster or anything else built by Speed Unlimited bitd, but now love their stuff and have one of their frames waiting on the backburner! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

In2bmx

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 01:35 PM »
I'm luck to own the bikes i wanted as a kid , especially the Robinson's

But i would love a HLT to finish my collection  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 01:42 PM »
Bikes I've never had but would have liked are a Kuwahara Laserlite, Dave Landy had a lovely one and a Mongoose Supergoose, Pete Pearce had a cracker and so did Paul Cannon.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 05:00 PM »
Don't think anything really passed me by as a kid, as I saw most in U.K and U.S magazines, maybe Bassett Racing, don't recall seeing 1 of those.

Got most of what I wanted now, wouldn't mind a Robinson, Supergoose 3, Motomag, Bassett and a Kuwahara kz1/2, but something else would have to go first, would be VERY hard to choose which one(s) would go.

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 08:08 PM »
The only bike I own is my 85 GT-ProWorldTour Performer I bought when I was 11 or 12 or so. I used to have another bike, a very beautyful KLEIN-BMX which my brother gave away for a crate of beer a few years ago.
A bike I always wanted as a kid was that Hutch race bike Mike Miranda had back then (was this a Pro Racer?).

Bikes I like now are Hutch Trickstar, Haro Sport and CW-Racing California Freestyle just to name a few, but I discovered so many nice bikes I didn't know about before I became a member on here. So the real bikes I like list would be too long I guess.
As a kid I had zero access to a BMX-szene or magazines, so I wasn't aware of these bikes at all. I hope one day I will be able to build one of these lovely bikes I'm aware of now.   

Your GHP Pro looks lovely btw. Must be a joy to ride.

Offline willo73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 09:56 PM »
The only bike I own is my 85 GT-ProWorldTour Performer I bought when I was 11 or 12 or so. I used to have another bike, a very beautyful KLEIN-BMX which my brother gave away for a crate of beer a few years ago.
A bike I always wanted as a kid was that Hutch race bike Mike Miranda had back then (was this a Pro Racer?).

Bikes I like now are Hutch Trickstar, Haro Sport and CW-Racing California Freestyle just to name a few, but I discovered so many nice bikes I didn't know about before I became a member on here. So the real bikes I like list would be too long I guess.
As a kid I had zero access to a BMX-szene or magazines, so I wasn't aware of these bikes at all. I hope one day I will be able to build one of these lovely bikes I'm aware of now.   

Your GHP Pro looks lovely btw. Must be a joy to ride.
Mike Miranda rode a hutch hollywood :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline willo73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 10:00 PM »
Had most of the bikes I wanted as a kid since got back into it but always had to sell to buy.
I have one of those I drooled over as a Kid (PK Ripper), my only other bike was never on my radar but it great to ride as I'm "taller"! CW California Freestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 06:53 AM »
Hutch hollywood for me as had one but swapped it for a judge and now its the last piece of the puzzle to finish my hutch collection ,one day
Only other frame is the prolite cc as all my mates had one and i didnt and always one i fancied 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 10:23 AM »
I'd love a CC too but wanted one bitd... Any variation was cool ... Baby blue or chrome/lavender or chrome/blue :daumenhoch:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 06:38 PM »
My real hankerings as a kid were an E.T. Kuwahara because they flew and the red white fade just got me.
The Rolls Royce for me though was a skyway TA they were the stuff dreams were made of whilst riding round on my super burner. After realising it wasn't realistic for me to set my sites on the foreign stuff i wanted a dp but that never ended up happening either. Ive got all three now with the skyway nearly there and the dp in the process i should be riding out on them this year. ( Not the kuwy though it's tiny)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bikes you own or like now that passed you by as a kid?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx