gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What were your favourite BMX accessories or add ons BITD?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What were your favourite BMX accessories or add ons BITD?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
What were your favourite BMX accessories or add ons BITD?
« on: November 05, 2016, 08:55 AM »
There are certain things I remember so clearly wanting or having back then that just take me back to being a kid ...

I loved my Sharp Bottom Bracket Boot

I had a pair of these .. Okay so it wasn't actually a bike ( and I was never going to afford a Haro ) but it was the closest I got to being Mike Dominguez, Ron Wilton, Rich Sigur and Ron Wilkerson..

I always wanted one of these ...

I was freestyle mad so I could have transformed my burner into something way cooler with this ... In my mind ofcourse!
I remember Sid Salisbury putting one on his baby blue Quad in the Action Bike test of it.

So what was it for you?

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: What were your favourite BMX accessories or add ons BITD?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 09:03 AM »
The full compliment of Sharp parts, Bb boot, lever grips and grip locks. Clarks Powerglide cables too.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 09:23 AM »
Pegs! Everyone had em. Giving backies to mates, doings crap stunts. Transformed any bike into a freestyler :slayer:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 09:47 AM »
Pegs! Everyone had em. Giving backies to mates, doings crap stunts. Transformed any bike into a freestyler :slayer:

Yeah, I had pegs and was carrying my mate Craig Jones on them. Craig was fatter lad than most of us, and as we went off the main road onto Chippy Lane, which was gravel, he started to bounce on the pegs, this made the front of the bike rise and a subsequently lost control of the steering which made us crash, straight into the front end of a pale metallic blue A reg Metro, that was a disabled lad used to drive.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 11:37 AM »
Screw on stunt pegs. Still got a 3" scar inside my knee from them. And they're the only remaining piece of my bike from bitd I own.

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 12:01 PM »
Sharp bb boot and lever grips, also a little plate I made to go over the rear brake caliper for frame stands.

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Mine had dp pegs

Offline Doomchild

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 04:37 PM »
I had a lavender stem pad, that was the envy of everyone that met it. fooking top drawer!

In2bmx

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 05:53 PM »
Never had a bb boot bitd . Racing every other weekend , meant i stripped my bike and re greased everything , weekly.

I did love my Robinson gators . Really no need for them, but they looked cool  :coolsmiley:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 07:12 PM »
Bitd, any add on seemed so exotic to me. I remember buying  dyno number plate and thinking it was the coolest thing.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 11:56 PM »
Quick release brakes when they came out Top stuff. Oh and MKS Graphites were and still are my weapon of choice (well I use KHE Stimulatorz with sealed bearings these days)

Oh, and always wanted an MRD or Mirage brake gaurd but they were expensive so my dad made me one out a tupperware lid - thought I was the fookin man with it  :2funny:

Oh, dirt skirts were also cool but we used to stretch a bit of inner-tube over our bearing races. Again I could master the universe and ride off any ramp with them fitted :shocked:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:58 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 07:48 AM »
Early on it was foam for Grab On grips and the Haro two finger lever, later on it was grip tape and Sharp lever grips.  I used to change grips almost weekly at one point iirc, one of the perks of being sponsored by and working in a bike shop!  I used to try out all the new bits and pieces before we put in a big order too so my bike went through various guises of brake guards, number plates, stems, chain rings, pedals, seats and so on! 

Still I ended up with a few faithful products that I always went back to, Elina MX Seat, Tuf Neck stem, MX2 Headset, DC1000/900 brakes, Comp 2 front/Comp 3 rear tyres for dirt and Tioga Comp ST for freestyle, AME grips, Suntour XCII Beartrap pedals, Profile cranks and Hutch 2n1 Headlock.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 11:07 AM »

Loved Spen's homemade brakeguard !!!

I always wanted one of these MRD guards too.. Andy Preston ran one for a while so I wanted one too!

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What were your favourite BMX accessories or add ons BITD?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx