gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 11:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Its Been Far Too Long
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Its Been Far Too Long  (Read 1029 times)

poppers

Its Been Far Too Long
« on: September 10, 2006, 09:44 PM »
Thought i'd unleash my old school Haro onto my local streets tonight. It's the first time i've ridden a BMX in nearly 20 years. I stacked it twice just trying to bunny hop up a curb  :shocked:, grazed all the top of my leg  :'(. & there was me thinking i could pick up where i left off  :idiot2:, i think my little trip to Rom will be postponed till i learn a few of the basics again.

Jazzchimp

Re: Its Been Far Too Long
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 09:59 PM »
Welcome to the club fella  :daumenhoch:

Gixxer11

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Know that feeling all too well :-[

silentpartner

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 10:07 PM »
ouch!  :buck2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 10:09 PM »
It will come back to ya, but its a slow process, start with endos an roll backs.
I managed  few bunny hops friday, ha ha, were all old bastards now
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 10:53 PM »
poodling around ROM will help you to get the basics. The great thing about the place on a sunday morning is that you don't have to do anything apart from ride a few lines without lifting your wheels off the ground as long as you can stay on. Walk before you can run.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 08:28 PM »
poodling around ROM will help you to get the basics. The great thing about the place on a sunday morning is that you don't have to do anything apart from ride a few lines without lifting your wheels off the ground as long as you can stay on. Walk before you can run.

& be able to drink Tea  ;D

selfpreservation

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 09:01 PM »
i broke my ribs and couldnt ride all summer so be carefull it only takes a second and you wont bounce like you used to

poppers

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 10:50 AM »
i broke my ribs and couldnt ride all summer so be carefull it only takes a second and you wont bounce like you used to

I remember stacking it in the Mogals over Rom & breaking me Collar bone. I was about 13 at the time. It was great....Got about 2 weeks off school & had me mum fussing over me for about a month. Fcuk me, if i broke a bone now i'd be bang in trouble...No work, No money & i dont suppose me mum would be rushing round me house to cook & clean up. Ohh to be a teenager again.

Trev

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 06:40 PM »
I've been back a couple of months now and i'm still struggling.  Part of it is knowing that coming off is gonna hurt a lot more than it did 20 years ago.  The good thing is that there is no pressure now to learn the latest tricks before the next comp.  Take your time and it will all come back to you.  Well that's what i'm hoping anyway.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Its Been Far Too Long

gfxgfx
gfx gfx