gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Fakelifter Potts bolt help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fakelifter Potts bolt help  (Read 1640 times)

Offline brimfull

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Fakelifter Potts bolt help
« on: October 10, 2016, 11:14 PM »
I've recently picked up a Forklifter style stem but it has a solid bolt and I need a Potts bolt for it.
Any ideas on what sorts will fit and where to get one would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks in advance

Online deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Fakelifter Potts bolt help
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 02:24 AM »
If you can post a pic up of the bottom of the stem and the wedge, I may be able to point you in the right direction. It will more than likely be a fairly standard bolt. You will need a photobucket or similar account....copy and paste the IMG code here.  :daumenhoch:

I imagine it will look something like this.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Hollow-Stem-Bolt-For-BMX-Stem-Potts-Mod-Bolt-Freestyle-Stem-Bolt-/121600344034?hash=item1c4ff1ffe2:g:gNsAAOSwwTlUp~vw
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:27 AM by deeman »
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 08:14 AM »
I think the top nut is actually longer for these stems? you might have trouble tightening that type shown up when its in place? but I could be wrong? tbh I've only seen the type listed separately that the link shows,maybe one of the fella's on here has a spare in there box of spares  :daumenhoch:

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 01:49 PM »
I think the top nut is actually longer for these stems? you might have trouble tightening that type shown up when its in place? but I could be wrong? tbh I've only seen the type listed separately that the link shows,maybe one of the fella's on here has a spare in there box of spares  :daumenhoch:

Agree, redline forklifter ones (and alike) have a longer 'top', more like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Inverted-Dyno-Stamped-Compe-Nitro-Quill-BMX-Stem-GT-Potts-Mod-/172339812412?hash=item282040d83c:g:SqgAAOSwNSxVCw6g

Had a quick look around last night for you. Couldn't find any other than the one on the stem in the ad.

:daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline brimfull

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Thanks guys, yep they are longer and different to normal ones

This isn't my stem but you can see the bolt on it, I might be able to make one out of a two piece bolt if I can find one

Offline McQUEEN

• Look Back
  • I left it in the garden......
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 09:29 PM »
The freestyle ones are higher because the race stem bolts are tightened using an allen key into the center of the bolt - this doesn't work if you're running a potts mod, so the stem bolt is higher to allow you to spanner tighten them.
When I was born, the world was a far simpler place.
It was all just cops and robbers.
And BMX.

Offline brimfull

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 09:41 PM »
The freestyle ones are higher because the race stem bolts are tightened using an allen key into the center of the bolt - this doesn't work if you're running a potts mod, so the stem bolt is higher to allow you to spanner tighten them.
Hopefully got one sorted now  8)

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 05:56 PM »
its possible you may have to drill the stem out a bit, the redline/suntour version forklifter stems have a wider diameter freestyle bolt than the race bolt.
Neil

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Fakelifter Potts bolt help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx