gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  wet and dry on tuffs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: wet and dry on tuffs  (Read 603 times)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
wet and dry on tuffs
« on: October 03, 2016, 04:27 PM »
I have a black set of tuffs
I don't want to aqua blast as the finish seems a bit rough and you have to sand them anyway afterwards
what grit wet and dry do I need?

Offline Avro

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: wet and dry on tuffs
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 06:01 PM »
Easy, just start fine and move to rough then reverse when the result is achieved.
Now, as this is a pretty much unrepeatable exercise (material lost a considertion), be cautious at the start.
Maybe try a run with p2000 wet and dry and look at the results (I know this is uber cautious but what is the hurry at neglible cost). If you have not got close to a finish then go coarser, say p1600, and so on. Once you are close then reverse the process. Always go wet, be it with water or WD40.

There may well be short cuts but meh, what is the hurry! Not definative just time served.
Wanted: Shimano Aero frame
Wanted: Tange Axeblade frame

Offline Andy1970

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: wet and dry on tuffs
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:33 PM »
I used Meguiars PlastX plastic polish on mine and they came up great. Its worth a try before sanding.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  wet and dry on tuffs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx