gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  This is a joke...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: This is a joke...  (Read 5594 times)

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: This is a joke...
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2016, 07:21 PM »
I once got a bike wrapped in a sheet and cellotape  :-X

That's really horrible Ed!  ??? Ady had a similar case of a bad packing job. I'm waiting for someone telling me, he's got a bike delivered with the address written on the frames-top tube and a bloody stamp on the seatpost.  "nono"
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:44 PM by ED209 »

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2016, 07:39 PM »
There's good and bad people everywhere.

I nearly got sting on eBay a few years ago for around £250 on a wrongly described item that wasn't working and had damage.

This other person is on here and I believe thought he'd taken an opportunity as the tracking number I had from courier didn't work as the van driver didn't ever scan it when he collected from me. He wouldn't respond and denied he'd had it back. Until I'd obtained his signature of delivery.

I think because he isn't in the UK he thought I'd drop it but it took me a while, soon as I emailed ebay the proof money was back in my bank that afternoon.

So even on here there's dodgy people but just in the minority

I think you're right, that there are good and bad people everywhere. But I also think you are very right by saying that on here it's only a small minority of people to be concerned about. I've read about deals that went totally wrong, but finally all or most of them got solved - sometimes also due to some effort by people who originally weren't involved.
That showes me the high quality of a community on here, because people do care for each other.

In my case above, there is nothing I can do about it but to accept it. I've learned my lesson. Now I will see what I may do with that Dyno, as it will cost more money to get it ridable. That is totally against my plan I once had. I didn't made a decision yet.

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2016, 09:04 PM »
maybe its insured via DHL? ....that axe shaped gash might have been produced by them, i dunno. Don't know the prospects on this route but that you'd have to be quick about complaining. Then again i think the sender would have to make a complaint, and i guess that's out of reach in this case anyway.....

file it under 'Lehrgeld' (...hi kollege :D), and build it up as a rider, like you had planned in the first place. ...that would get dented anyway. ...your Dyno just came ready-made with scars 8)

griff

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2016, 09:31 PM »

That's really horrible Ed!  ??? Ady had a similar case of a bad packing job. I'm waiting for someone tellimg me, he's got a bike delivered with the address written on the frames-top tube and a bloody stamp on the seatpost.  "nono"

I think there was one like that somewhere, just a bike with a luggage tag on it
Can't be arsed to look now though  :teef:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:43 PM by ED209 »

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2016, 09:46 PM »

That's really horrible Ed!  ??? Ady had a similar case of a bad packing job. I'm waiting for someone telling me, he's got a bike delivered with the address written on the frames-top tube and a bloody stamp on the seatpost.  "nono"

Such a shame tho as thats the bike we talked about isn't it  :(

It could still be a decent rider but will cost extra money that it shouldn't ... which tends to change your attitude to the bike... all becuase of some lazy lying shitbag.

How was it anyway?
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 10:46 PM »

Such a shame tho as thats the bike we talked about isn't it  :(

It could still be a decent rider but will cost extra money that it shouldn't ... which tends to change your attitude to the bike... all becuase of some lazy lying shitbag.

How was it anyway?

Yes it is the same bike and I had to pay a little more than I told you. In the beginning I was very excited about it, but as soon as I saw all the damage it changed my additude to the bike quite drastically. One arm of the front caliper broke off, it's lever wasn't in the parcel, the other lever is history too, the seat has some cracks and the rims would need a re-chrome. ...but there's a very nice chrome underneath that spray painted pretzel-bar.  :laugh: 
It could be a nice bike for sure, but I don't have the cash to get it all sorted in a way that makes me happy with it again. Now it sits on my staircase upstairs. I'm not frustrated about the whole situation anymore and maybe one day I may take care it and restore it. ...or I may sell it and leave that project to the new owner. Overall there's nothing wrong with the bike itself, but everytime I look at it, there is this feeling of disapointment. I should have payed more attention to that gut feeling.

Besides that I'm fine!  ;)

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 11:00 PM »
maybe its insured via DHL? ....that axe shaped gash might have been produced by them, i dunno. Don't know the prospects on this route but that you'd have to be quick about complaining. Then again i think the sender would have to make a complaint, and i guess that's out of reach in this case anyway.....

file it under 'Lehrgeld' (...hi kollege :D), and build it up as a rider, like you had planned in the first place. ...that would get dented anyway. ...your Dyno just came ready-made with scars 8)

No, there is only insurance via DHL if an item is either sent with it's original packaging or if it's packed well with a lot of soft and cuddly stuff inside. The seller failed in either cases!  :LolLolLolLol: Booked like recommended mate!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  This is a joke...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx