gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 03:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  This is a joke...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: This is a joke...  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
This is a joke...
« on: August 04, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Today the postman brought me another big parcel. My new bike - a mid 90's Dyno Compe, I recently purchased on e-bay Germany. I was so excited, because it looked like being in real condition on all the pictures the seller sent me.
Because I don't have a car, we worked out the price for getting it shipped. I asked him to pack it well, so it will arrive safely. He agreed and said he always does a propper job on packing stuff. The whole deal seemed to be fine and he was a nice guy too. But as I know now, for sure not the brightest button that ever shone.

The parcel looked like Swiss-style cheese:

...and then I opened it up:

Finally took it out:

Broken adjusting screw:

In his own words, the wheels are in excellent condition:  :2funny:   :LolLolLolLol:

...sure they are!!!

I went through quite few emotions this afternoon, from  ??? to  >:(  to  :tickedoff:  on to  :knuppel2:  followed by   :uglystupid2:  and   "nono"  finally to   :LolLolLolLol:   

As soon as I took all the pictures I sent him a message. But no reply so far. So now I'm into  :popcorn:

My plan was to build it up and have a nice rider. Now it's a project I don't like to have.
After all I ask myself, why all this fuss? A stamp on the frame would do.

I'm just glad I didn't have the money for TA he had on offer! 
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 12:58 PM by Andyboy77 »

griff

Re: This is a joke...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 02:00 AM »
Just file a claim against him

eBay are bound to find in your favour as they are very biased towards buyers, my wife had to have an item returned after over a week even though the reason given was bullshit - she sold a leather bag to some idiot who claimed the bag wasn't leather. It was, she had the receipt to prove where it was bought, links to the item online and there was a label inside the thing that said 100% leather. She had the money stolen from her PayPal to refund this shady fooker and was also made to pay return postage FFS. To top it all off, it came back with scuffs on it (possibly due to crap packing) but for all we know had been used (case continues but eBay aren't interested)

Your case looks solid, don't let this tosser have you over!

I'm not a fan of eBay

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Just file a claim against him

eBay are bound to find in your favour as they are very biased towards buyers, my wife had to have an item returned after over a week even though the reason given was bullshit - she sold a leather bag to some idiot who claimed the bag wasn't leather. It was, she had the receipt to prove where it was bought, links to the item online and there was a label inside the thing that said 100% leather. She had the money stolen from her PayPal to refund this shady fooker and was also made to pay return postage FFS. To top it all off, it came back with scuffs on it (possibly due to crap packing) but for all we know had been used (case continues but eBay aren't interested)

Your case looks solid, don't let this tosser have you over!

I'm not a fan of eBay

Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry to hear about the ebay-issues your wife had!
This was my first purchase from ebay ever. I sent him a message and now I have to wait if he will - and what his reply will be.
Our whole conversation is stored there, so if he turnes be an idiot I will contact ebay and state the case to them. If something is shippet via DHL, there is an automatic insurance of 500,- Euros included. But only if you pack well! Hence there is nothing else to be expected from the parcel-service but a raised middle-finger, I'm afraid. I paid via paypal as friend, so there will be no buyer protection from this side either.

In2bmx

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 09:04 AM »
That's bad Andy  >:(  .  Some people are so stupid ..

Offline wilsey72

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Thats corn that is.
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 09:44 AM »
Gutted for you Andy.  :-[

Its a horrible feeling to see the box arrive and immediately the buzz goes!

Good luck mate.
GLOUCESTER RIDE 28th July 2018

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 10:17 AM »
That's bad Andy  >:(  .  Some people are so stupid ..

Sadly this is so. But if they don't know about being stupid, they are fine.  :crazy2:

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Gutted for you Andy.  :-[

Its a horrible feeling to see the box arrive and immediately the buzz goes!

Good luck mate.

Thank you Keith!  :daumenhoch:  This will hopefully be sorted out soon. ...one way or the other.  :police:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 12:59 PM »
Yikes! That's an unbelievably bad attempt at packing!! Sorry to see this Andy, and I hope it gets resolved quickly.
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 01:19 PM »
Sorry to here this mate shocking especially you first ebay purchase  :police:

You was lucky it was sent in a box..

I had mine delivered in a bin liner. :idiot2:

Hope you get it sorted..  fistblump

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,183728.0.htmlk

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:25 PM by Ady »
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 01:30 PM »
Yikes! That's an unbelievably bad attempt at packing!! Sorry to see this Andy, and I hope it gets resolved quickly.

Thanks Mick! I very much appreciate all the good vibes!  :daumenhoch:  My reports on how it rides may take a while.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Sorry to here this mate shocking especially you first ebay purchase  :police:

You was lucky it was sent in a box..

I had mine delivered in a bin liner. :idiot2:

Hope you get it sorted..  fistblump

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,183728.0.htmlk

Thanks Ady! That was the one I was thinking of, but didn't remember it was you who got his bike delivered that way.
This defo claims the highscore!  :uglystupid2:   Maybe I was lucky indeed.

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 01:52 PM »
Hopefully you have all the messages from the seller describing the condition, should be simple not as described & damaged in transit due to poor packing claim bud  :daumenhoch:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 03:01 PM »
Hopefully you have all the messages from the seller describing the condition, should be simple not as described & damaged in transit due to poor packing claim bud  :daumenhoch:

Yes, I have all the messages. But regarding "not as described" ...he was beating around the bush when I asked him if the bike was in that very condition as shown in the pictures.
The only real lies I have proof of (as PM's) is that he told me the rims are in good condition aswell as all the bearings and axles are, and they are not - they stuck if you try to move them. Unfortunately on ebay-germany you can't see the original advert anymore once an item was sold, as on ebay.com where they get marked as ENDED. But I hope ebay will have a copy of that advert.
I hope aswell I get him by the balls, due to his bad packing. The parcel service is off the hook, because of the way it was packed. Will see,...still no reply from him so far. I definitely learned from this!

griff

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 03:45 PM »
Hate hearing stories like this, but hopefully someone will read this thread and think twice about using PayPal friend payments when it's not someone they know well..

Hope you get it sorted mate

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 04:04 PM »
Hate hearing stories like this, but hopefully someone will read this thread and think twice about using PayPal friend payments when it's not someone they know well..

Hope you get it sorted mate

Your're so right! I will think twice next time and won't pay as friend on ebay. The fees a seller have to cover are not that high, aren't they?

In the legal sence it doesn't look good for me I'm affraid. Ebay says: if you payed via paypal, go ask for help there.
Paypal says if you've payed as friend, your fault ( broadly speaking ).

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 04:05 PM »
I wouldn't worry mate

Ebay are wank and side with the buyer even if the buyer is in the wrong.

I've had it when selling and was straight on the phone to ebay,they could see I'd done nothing wrong and through my messages I was more than amicable but they still sided with the buyer.

Ebay just want their fee % and not to actually do any investigation to who is in the right. So they just put a blanket over that the buyer holds the cards.

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 04:06 PM »
Sorry I didn't see you payed as friend/family

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 04:14 PM »
I wouldn't worry mate

Ebay are wank and side with the buyer even if the buyer is in the wrong.

I've had it when selling and was straight on the phone to ebay,they could see I'd done nothing wrong and through my messages I was more than amicable but they still sided with the buyer.

Ebay just want their fee % and not to actually do any investigation to who is in the right. So they just put a blanket over that the buyer holds the cards.

I hope you're right. As this part of ebay-Germany works more like classified ads in the newspaper. There is no buyer insurence. In the worst of all cases, I can ask a lawer for help they say. I'm not J.D. Rockefeller.

Offline chrisv39

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 08:06 PM »
I avoid buying or selling anything of a high value on eBay now after being stung selling an x box and an iPad both were in perfect condition with both buyers claiming they were faulty. I never got the Xbox back even though eBay refunded the buyer as they'd provided a tracking number. I got the iPad back but had to pay the postage costs. I tried contesting the decisions but if anyone has ever tried to deal with eBay before you'll know you're wasting your time as a seller. Start a case with eBay and you'll get your money back.

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 10:41 AM »
I avoid buying or selling anything of a high value on eBay now after being stung selling an x box and an iPad both were in perfect condition with both buyers claiming they were faulty. I never got the Xbox back even though eBay refunded the buyer as they'd provided a tracking number. I got the iPad back but had to pay the postage costs. I tried contesting the decisions but if anyone has ever tried to deal with eBay before you'll know you're wasting your time as a seller. Start a case with eBay and you'll get your money back.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles! At least you got your iPad back.  ;)
I'm not sure if this will turn out well for me. We'll see.

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 01:22 PM »
A short conclusion:

Thanks a lot to everyone for the good vibes and sharing your experiencees with me on this sad subject.  :coolsmiley:

I'm pretty sure we have plenty of members on here who never have had any troubles with ebay, neither as a seller nor as a buyer. So I don't know if avioding ebay is the best approach or even necessary.
I think I've just made an ebay-newbie mistake in paying as a friend via paypal and trusting someone I didn' know at all. But this decision was made due to or out of the great experiences I've had made mith members on here.
Without drifting off too much - ...I was a fresh memeber just a few days and was chating with a nice RAD-member. I told him I would like to have some parts, but have no experience on all this ebay and paypal stuff. He said something like "No problem, I can do that for you to help you out and you pay me later". I even payed more or less in advance (as friend), as soon as the prices were defined. We or rather I just had to wait for the parts to arrive and getting them shipped over to Germany. All went very well!
On another occasion I bought a lot of parts from another very nice RAD-member. In this case I was again pretty overwhelmed by the way I was treated. Tonns of massages and a great effort by the seller to make sure everything will turn out well. Payed as friend, a few little things needed to get sorted but all is well now!
My point is, I don't know any of these lads in person but it turned out not to be wrong to trust somebody who has the same passion for a hobby as I have. I don't think I'm a gullible person, but I believe in the good in man.

The fact that my ebay-experience turned out that way, is at least halfway through my own fault. Although I'm not responsible for the bad packing at all.

Yesterday I stated the case to ebay. Just got a message from them telling me to fix a deadline to the seller in order to get the situation sorted. If he wouldn't response, I should take legal steps. That's not worth it.
So, no money back for me, a bike that isn't as dear to me anymore as it used to be, but I gained experience and learned my lesson regarding ebay.
As mentioned above, this wasn't the regular ebay.de-site. It rather was a smaller site where things get handled like classified adds in a newspaper.
So, if anyone of you may find an item on ebay.de where there is good stuff on there too (...and shipping costs are usually very low from Germany to the U.K. btw) - I think there is no need to not to go for it, as along as one knows how to handle all this ebay stuff propperly. Ebay.de is the same as the the ebay-site we all know, just a different langauge.

Don't know yet how things may turn out if I ever decide to buy an item at the museum, but on here I will continue to trust in people I may deal with in the future.

So then, thanks again to everybody for your replies and all the good vibes!  :bow:

Long live  :radbmxsmilie: !!!  :slayer:   :daumenhoch:
Andy

PS: The seller told me btw he just got into the os-scene. I hope this guy never ever gets a chance to pull any other RAD-member over the barrel. 

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2016, 10:40 PM »
As long as the lesson is learned Andy, that's all that matters.

Although most deals go smoothly, what can expected from a buyer, and what is perceived from the seller, can be 2 different things, especially condition.

I won't drift off, but what I will say to yourself and anyone else is, get pictures which are date stamped of the item, even the seller holding the item. Pay the extra 4% in fees to guarantee a refund if the item is not as described or shown in the pictures provided. This goes for any forum , FB page, or Ebay site. Each one has it's dangers, and can lead to all sorts, as most sites have no legal obligation to do anything, including Ebay, which is why they always side with the buyer (statutory rights).

I hope the seller comes clean, but I doubt that very much, as he has palmed off what he no longer wants onto someone else.
BANNED

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 11:38 PM »
As long as the lesson is learned Andy, that's all that matters.

Although most deals go smoothly, what can expected from a buyer, and what is perceived from the seller, can be 2 different things, especially condition.

I won't drift off, but what I will say to yourself and anyone else is, get pictures which are date stamped of the item, even the seller holding the item. Pay the extra 4% in fees to guarantee a refund if the item is not as described or shown in the pictures provided. This goes for any forum , FB page, or Ebay site. Each one has it's dangers, and can lead to all sorts, as most sites have no legal obligation to do anything, including Ebay, which is why they always side with the buyer (statutory rights).

I hope the seller comes clean, but I doubt that very much, as he has palmed off what he no longer wants onto someone else.

Many Thanks for your reply! Date stamped pictures is a great point!  :daumenhoch: But isn't it possible to fake these date stamps? I guess most pictures nowadays are usually taken with smartphones. I don't have one, so I don't know anything about that.
Paying the extra 4% is my plan for the future. It doesn't bother the seller anyway.
As I said above, I feel pretty safe on here. Maybe due to my positive experiences I've had so far. I think this is also because of peoples different mindset or spirit, when it comes to sell an item to a buddy. But I think you're very right, it can't hurt to make sure everything goes well, especially if you don't know somebody or anything about his reputation.

The seller remains silent about the issue. I gave up on expecting anything further. I don't want to waste my money to get a lawer involved and more importantly, I don't want to waste my lifetime.

Tips like yours are very vital for people like me who are new to this whole ebay-thing. So thanks a lot again for sharing this!  :coolsmiley:  I'll keep that in mind.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 03:31 PM »
I once got a bike wrapped in a sheet and cellotape  :-X
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:43 PM by ED209 »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2016, 05:08 PM »
There's good and bad people everywhere.

I nearly got sting on eBay a few years ago for around £250 on a wrongly described item that wasn't working and had damage.

This other person is on here and I believe thought he'd taken an opportunity as the tracking number I had from courier didn't work as the van driver didn't ever scan it when he collected from me. He wouldn't respond and denied he'd had it back. Until I'd obtained his signature of delivery.

I think because he isn't in the UK he thought I'd drop it but it took me a while, soon as I emailed ebay the proof money was back in my bank that afternoon.

So even on here there's dodgy people but just in the minority

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  This is a joke...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx