gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Diamond back Silver streak, 3 piece crank.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Diamond back Silver streak, 3 piece crank.  (Read 3270 times)

GREMLIN

Diamond back Silver streak, 3 piece crank.
« on: September 08, 2006, 06:46 PM »
Hi all. Picked up what looks to be a pretty clean Silver streak 3 piece crankset of the evilBay early this morning, for my build.  I see in the galleries basically all of you who've built, or run a streak stick with using the Sugino 1 piece cranks. Is there any reason for this? As in, are there any problems that come up with using the Sr 3 piece? Weight issues? Prone to breakages etc? I don't know anything about the item really, so best to check before installing i guess..  :idiot2:  Thanx... G  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:51 PM by GREMLIN »

Jazzchimp

Re: Diamond back Silver streak, 3 piece crank.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 07:02 PM »
Do you know I've always wondered this. My 83 S/Streak had a 1pc sugino when I bought it new, did DB replace them for a 3pc later on or were they on the viper??

GREMLIN

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 07:04 PM »
I think i've heard somewhere that the 3 piece items were fitted to the American Streaks.

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 07:13 PM »
I have one fitted to my Team Banana Aero Pro... Lovely crank in my opinion...

GREMLIN

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 07:18 PM »
They do look sweet in black. I knew i was going to be losing the red on my set, wasn't too sure what finish to go with tho.... I think black may be on the cards now  : 8) Has anybody tried polishing a set up?  ??? G.

zed4130

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 07:47 PM »
hi my silversreak is running all its original parts including tha 1 pc cranks .I have got a nice set of redline flight cranks and a flight chainring but cant get a bb and spindal for it  so am selling it to or will swap for number plate and a nice pad set .As far as your bike goes rember in the 80's we all changed all our parts as new things came out 3pc look nice and can be lighter some times its your choice it will look cool.

GREMLIN

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 08:01 PM »
Hey Zed.. Which spindle is it you need for your flights? You should be able to pick one up easy enough.
  Even though i have most of the original parts for the build now, i'm actually building it up with non original parts. For a start i'll be running Diamond back pro bars on it as the originals are just too bloody small.  And with the crank, i liked the idea of it as it's a part most other Streaks i see don't have fitted. A little difference is nice  :daumenhoch:
 Just need to know if there's something i'm missing and a reason more people don't run them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 06:28 PM by GREMLIN »

zed4130

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 05:17 PM »
3pc much nicer than 1 pc  will change mine in the end but will keep all old parts iam allso looking for mags for mine as i allways used mags in the 80.s. Happy building .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 06:09 PM by zed4130 »

GREMLIN

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 03:19 PM »
The crank set turned up today. Highly impressed actually. Think i may be leaving it red, gives a splash of colour to the bike. I'll just have to see how they run then.  :daumenhoch:

G.

MeddlE

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Goes with the red cable, looks good.

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 09:27 AM »
I recognise that crank  ;) Looks good on the bike in my opinion  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Diamond back Silver streak, 3 piece crank.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx