gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Am I missing something here (ebay rant)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Am I missing something here (ebay rant)  (Read 1064 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Am I missing something here (ebay rant)
« on: June 05, 2016, 09:11 AM »
So someone lists something with too high a starting price to get any bids. I watch it end hoping it may get relisted at a more realistic price or just run at a 99p starting bid but neither happens.
The seller chooses to relist with a fair hike in his already unrealistic starting price  ???

3 times it's happened to me in the last fortnight. I know people can be greedy but I just don't get it .

The latest had an offers button so I submit a more than reasonable offer and it's countered over his original staring price on the previous auction.

I know people try and recoup listing fee but ffs they don't cost that much.
Was so close to writing a wanky message but best to just move on I guess
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Bobby

• Curb Endo
  • Going up yonder
  • Rated:
Re: Am I missing something here (ebay rant)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 09:20 AM »
Had the same happen to me , set of wheels did not sell at £100 they got relisted £150 they still did not sell now there £160  ::)
Real men play vinyl

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Same here , was watching a frame for weeks going up and down in price and not selling so I offered what I thought was a fair amount, dude came back to me with a higher offer than what it already hadn't sold for . Tit

monkian

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 09:42 AM »
Had it happen to me as well. Annoying as hell but I guess ultimately it's a sellers market. You snooze you lose :/

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 11:06 AM »
Same here , was watching a frame for weeks going up and down in price and not selling so I offered what I thought was a fair amount, dude came back to me with a higher offer than what it already hadn't sold for . Tit

What a cheek!  :shocked:

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 11:08 AM »
Had it happen to me as well. Annoying as hell but I guess ultimately it's a sellers market. You snooze you lose :/

I don't think it is a sellers market at the moment,nothing is selling.
As you say though,annoying as hell,the obviously want the parts to sit around gathering dust....

monkian

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 11:27 AM »
Yeah, I know it seems slow at the moment. I just meant that eBay is down to sellers discretion.

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Seen it enough times... can't really see the logic in whacking the price up after not selling for less the first time round. ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Seen this before with other things , keep offering at silly money people with same parts see the sale item n try to sell there's at similar prices others follow n it then becomes the standard asking price n eventually the standard sale price
Jono

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Maybe if all of us going to MK bring our spares and unwanted parts and sell them at proper prices then it becomes a win win situation for everybody?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:12 PM by factory pilot »
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Andyboy77

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2016, 08:16 PM »
Maybe if all of us going to MK bring our spares and unwanted parts and sell them at proper prices then it becomes a win win situation for all of us?

Ethically and in general, a nice idea. :daumenhoch: That may help to contrast the crazy-price situation at the moment, at least within the community of those who are passionate about building bikes rather than passionate about making money at the expences of our buddies. But what about those who like me can't visit MK?  ???
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:47 AM by Andyboy77 »

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 01:54 AM »
It gets worse.... The latest prat who bumped his price up has now increased it AGAIN by $30 so doubling his initial start price ffs  ::)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Am I missing something here (ebay rant)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx