gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:04 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Complete or not?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Complete or not?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Complete or not?
« on: May 24, 2016, 08:37 AM »
Is everyone of the same opinion? Completes are just not selling? There's no doubt there are some cracking complete's out there for sale on all forum's,social media etc but they do not seem to sell? So is it the price's asked? The os scene is slowing up or the fact people just want to build a bike themselves and not a bike someone else has built?  :-\

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Complete or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49 AM »
Probably a bit of all of the above.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Completes are always harder to sell, people would rather buy bits and enjoy building themselves.......also some people price up completes by pricing up all the individual parts and adding it All together, hence a way too high price

Offline oldscool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 09:24 AM »
I think its a bit of them all, If you add the parts together to price it not everybody will want to pay £150 for skyways or like the colour of certain parts, and then have the hassle of selling parts and sourcing more to get it the way they want.
If in doubt flat out.

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 10:39 AM »
I've found it hard to sell some nice individual bits myself at the moment let alone a complete bike.

The above reasons already mentioned are mostly why but ..

I think for me problem is although you often see some lovely completes ( often at fair prices ) I never have that much cash available in one go to fork out  :( and so I've missed out on several fac spec bikes that have been ace over the years  :tickedoff:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 11:56 AM »
 Apart form never having enough cash in one go to buy a complete, I prefer to build them my way, over time. I know it takes longer, but hunting down the parts is more fun than buying something that someone has had the pleasure of doing.

griff

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 01:29 PM »
Completes are always harder to sell, people would rather buy bits and enjoy building themselves.......also some people price up completes by pricing up all the individual parts and adding it All together, hence a way too high price

This ^

Especially when someone's bought a load of NOS bits impatiently & paid way over the odds

rodriguez

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 01:49 PM »
Completes have always been harder to sell, especially when there was a bunch of self appointed idiots waiting to hang, draw and quarter someone for splitting a bike.

That said sales aren't great across the whole interweb in the UK which would suggest the OSBMX scene is on the decline.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 02:02 PM »
what......the bubble's bursting?!?!? 

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 02:51 PM »

This ^

Especially when someone's bought a load of NOS bits impatiently & paid way over the odds

Are you talking about me here Griffster?  :LolLolLolLol: ::)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 02:59 PM »
Completes have always been harder to sell, especially when there was a bunch of self appointed idiots waiting to hang, draw and quarter someone for splitting a bike.

That said sales aren't great across the whole interweb in the UK which would suggest the OSBMX scene is on the decline.

Agree lots for sale and no takers ... Problem is it's just going to lead to more hoarding me thinks .. People would rather keep hold than sell things at a loss ? Maybe I'm wrong and I'll one day get a shotgun 2 seat for £25.00.. Now that would be progress !

I'm sure it's just a pre summer lull as most people are either skint, saving money for holidays or have already completed their builds for the summer or MK ...
We've heard this every year at some point...

New to FB ... I have to say that after seeing vacuous build after build after build with just pictures is getting a bit stale for me already ..

Rad and its banter and proper build threads is so much more rewarding for all those concerned  explosion :4_17_5:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 05:38 PM »
I buy and sell stuff all the time including recently a complete (minus wheels).

It helps that i'm selling "fashionable stuff" - what I mean by that is I keep my eye on trends and use that to influence what I let go.

FB is full of relative noobs that choose what they build by the number of likes they're hoping to get.  Not long ago everyone wanted JMC so I sold a bunch of mine.

Recently I spotted a long thread about tyres so I drop in a pic of some of mine and wait for the PMs to come in. Its about spotting an opportunity.  I very rarely put anything up for sale.

The bubble hasn't burst, nor have sales slowed.  Once upon a time RAD and eBay were the two primary BMX markets in the UK now there's copious sales avenues ergo diluting whats available / saleable here...

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 07:40 PM »
" waits patiently for the MCS popularity boom "   :chin: :chin:     

although not having a facefook page may hinder progress  :-\   ???

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 07:56 PM »
" waits patiently for the MCS popularity boom "   :chin: :chin:     

although not having a facefook page may hinder progress  :-\   ???

You don't want one Jim. It's full of muggy c**ts like me mate.

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 09:16 PM »
I have bought a few completes this year, so they are selling,I have been merrily swapping parts, cleaning things up etc for weeks now.....

Personally I like buying completes, better value usually, not the type that don't need any work/ bits changing though, I like to put my  own "stamp" on a bike, as do most others.

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 09:44 PM »
Enjoying them Diamond Backs then Andy!

I've bought two completes this year, one for  less than 50 quid from ebay, and one for way more than I could afford, from here. The current owner agreed to a payment plan over the next few months, you wouldn't get that anywhere else  :daumenhoch:

:radbmxsmilie:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 09:56 PM »
Enjoying them Diamond Backs then Andy!

I've bought two completes this year, one for  less than 50 quid from ebay, and one for way more than I could afford, from here. The current owner agreed to a payment plan over the next few months, you wouldn't get that anywhere else  :daumenhoch:

:radbmxsmilie:

Certainly am Lee, really like them!

Payment plan, that's cool, yep, wouldn't get that anywhere else!

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 11:37 PM »
As said above,people ask way too much for completes,I think if they were a bit more realistic about pricing they would sell.
If you put stuff up for Sale cheap enough it will fly.
I needed quick money for a bike purchase last week and had some Mike Buff Zeds that I wasn't using .
They needed a bit of fettling and I put them up for £130 posted on FB which I thought was a fair price considering they needed work.
They sold in about 5 minutes and I had people putting in 4th and 5th dib dobs and people remarking they were so cheap.
I think if you need money quick you have to forget what it cost and knock it out cheap...

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 12:44 AM »
The current owner agreed to a payment plan over the next few months, you wouldn't get that anywhere else  :daumenhoch:

It's not the first time either is it Lee :2funny:

Still limping......

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 07:05 AM »
The current owner agreed to a payment plan over the next few months, you wouldn't get that anywhere else  :daumenhoch:

It's not the first time either is it Lee :2funny:

Nope  ;D This place has got some top lads  :daumenhoch:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 10:43 PM »
Been a fair few great priced completes knocking about lately... fook knows why they ain't getting snapped up. ???
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 11:11 PM »
I've bought a few completes, but they were spec/catalogue builds that needed restoring and were missing some parts, so it made sense to buy them. Generally I prefer to buy the frame/forks and other parts separately. It adds to the fun and the length of the build - usually 6-12 months for me to find and get the parts restored where needed. Love the thrill of the chase  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Complete or not?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx