gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 02:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  2003 KHE Beater
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 KHE Beater  (Read 722 times)

Offline Astro

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
2003 KHE Beater
« on: July 18, 2016, 08:20 PM »
Hi Guys n Gals

This will be my first rebuild, and i know not one of the mega popular bikes even back then, but i kinda like the way it looks, and it was a cheap way back in.

Ive bought a KHE 2003 Beater.  Its straight, no dents etc and a fairly solid base for a bike.

Ive got most of the bits to build it before i worry about paint etc, but one bit ( and this may be a really daft question ) but it has an internal gyro in the head tube.  Seems to work fine, but the cable that comes up through the stem needs a nipple on it for the brake lever, and it needs one at the other end for the gyro........cant figure out how to make that work as i wont be able to thread it through the cable otherwise.  Anyone help an idiot out..

Once its all together ill get some pics up, then its ride it for a couple of months then strip it any have it coated

Offline laidback

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: 2003 KHE Beater
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 12:21 AM »
I have a KHE easy rider, with the same set up.   When i rebuilt mine i think i used road bike cables (oval nipples) and chopped the barrel nipple off of one end.  The bikes originally came with Diatech Tech 99 levers. (well mine did).   These have a cable clamp allen bolt in them, rather than the hole for a cable nipple. Those internal gyros are ok to set up, once you get your head round it! :daumenhoch:

Offline Astro

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 01:14 PM »
Thanks bud. 

I've just had an email back from KHE with a diagram and it looks like there should be a slot in the top part of the gyro for the cable to slip through with the oval nipple underneath it.  I'm gonna strip it later and see

griff

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 02:32 PM »
pics please! :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  2003 KHE Beater

gfxgfx
gfx gfx