gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 06:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  1984 Curtis Freestyle Question .
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1984 Curtis Freestyle Question .  (Read 1418 times)

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
1984 Curtis Freestyle Question .
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:49 PM »
Have a question for you Curtis guys out there ,  do you know , have any info on the production numbers / how many
were made in 1984 for the freestyle ?

Cheers
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: 1984 Curtis Freestyle Question .
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 11:00 AM »
............or  know of a member on her that may be able to point me in the right direction ?
Or maybe I should contact Curtis direct    "help"
NO  I  don't do face book  ... or twitter ...oh or my space  . You kinda get the picture  .

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 11:22 AM »
Nick 'Gashead' or 'Dingledem' on here are both well up to speed on the Curtis front  :daumenhoch:

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 03:47 PM »
............or  know of a member on her that may be able to point me in the right direction ?

Being as Brian is still alive, best to get it from horses mouth!

http://www.curtisbikes.co.uk/contact-us/
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 03:49 PM »

Being as Brian is still alive, best to get it from horses mouth!

http://www.curtisbikes.co.uk/contact-us/

Brian sold the company a few years ago though

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Not contacted anyone yet , don't like to bother people with pm's as a newbie ............

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 01:56 PM »
Don't worry about that mate, it's what the place is for.......chuck em a PM and I'm sure they'll be glad to help you out  :daumenhoch:

Offline CurtisEXP

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 10:53 AM »
I had a reason to chat with Brian this morning, because I finally decided on the finish of one of his 20 (re-issue) Cruisers that he did (and has been sitting on his bench for several months). He's busy on the 30 re-issue Pro's now and his charity venture.

I took the chance to ask him about the Freestylers and he told me that he personally made no more than 20, before he left Curtis to start Brian Curtis bikes. After that he couldn't say what his ex-partner made. So that's the view from the man himself. Sorry I couldn't get the total figure.

To answer the query in the other thread, all the bikes he did had the fork standers half way up the forks, not low down. That may have been an option offered after he moved on. Hope that helps.  :daumenhoch:

Offline radovr

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 11:25 AM »
I had a reason to chat with Brian this morning, because I finally decided on the finish of one of his 20 (re-issue) Cruisers that he did (and has been sitting on his bench for several months). He's busy on the 30 re-issue Pro's now and his charity venture.

I took the chance to ask him about the Freestylers and he told me that he personally made no more than 20, before he left Curtis to start Brian Curtis bikes. After that he couldn't say what his ex-partner made. So that's the view from the man himself. Sorry I couldn't get the total figure.

To answer the query in the other thread, all the bikes he did had the fork standers half way up the forks, not low down. That may have been an option offered after he moved on. Hope that helps.  :daumenhoch:

Thank you very very much for your reply , this helps me so much , as mine have the lower placed standers , and the
build number is in the 200's  dated 11/84 .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  1984 Curtis Freestyle Question .

gfxgfx
gfx gfx