gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 02:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DX bearings, what size & how many?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DX bearings, what size & how many?  (Read 1048 times)

griff

DX bearings, what size & how many?
« on: February 28, 2016, 07:15 PM »
Managed to drop a load of the bearings from my dismantled DX pedals in a pile of crap (not actual crap) on the garage floor. Found some, but probably not all of them.
Does anyone know off hand how many there should be in total? Also what size they are as I might need to try and find somewhere that sells them ::)

Many thanks in advance for any info

rodriguez

Re: DX bearings, what size & how many?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 07:31 PM »

griff

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Thanks  :daumenhoch:

Anyone know how many per pedal? I seem to recall there were 22 in my other set. I'll admit to not really fancying pulling them apart just to count them, since they were fiddly bastards to set up properly

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:50 AM »
Thanks  :daumenhoch:

Anyone know how many per pedal? I seem to recall there were 22 in my other set. I'll admit to not really fancying pulling them apart just to count them, since they were fiddly bastards to set up properly

general rule with bearings is that there should be a small gap between them, so dont fill up the race so that they are tight against each other all the way round, put them in and leave a small gap between the first and last ones if that makes sense

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 11:02 PM »
Sweep the floor with a magnet, should find most of them.
If not do what delay says and just fill up one pedal race and count how many you need

Offline Howser

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 10:05 AM »
Just seen this thread - are you all sorted now Griff?  I'm pretty sure I've got some spare somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 11:09 AM »
If it helps
Just striped a set last week and 11 each end so 22 per pedal  :daumenhoch:
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

Offline Ady

• Flip-Whip
  • fin old..... they call me the silver fox
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 11:15 AM »
And the bearings are the same size as the mx pedals as planning on swooping the spindles for a smaller set off the mx fistblump
Real men have Dachshunds I have three / now two 😓 missing you../ back too three with a rescue dachie

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DX bearings, what size & how many?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx