gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  holland 1982
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: holland 1982  (Read 1663 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
holland 1982
« on: September 07, 2006, 12:02 PM »
Did anyone here race at BEEK EN DONK in Holland in July 1982. I remember the americans racing there.
I was racing for Hotshot at the time. Any memories or even better pics??? :Great_Britain:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: holland 1982
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Yeah, me and my brother were meant to go and race but I had a broken wrist at the time and my brother had a broken collarbone, we were so depressed about that.  It was around the time of Redditch with the Americans, too, wasn't it?

I also remember some big racing going on at Earls Courts, can't remember when it was though.  We went to Earls court to watch and I remember some huge wooden ramps, anyone race there?

dj_benice

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 01:32 PM »
We did the earls court event, I remember it was the first time we had coloured comp 3's they where meant to grip better but loads of people where riding whitewalls which where even better.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 01:39 PM »
All 3 events were about the same time, the americans did the european tour thing,
I raced Earls court on shopping bike tyres and sprayed hair spray on them for extra grip, didnt help much I stacked in two motos and came first in the last. :(

nishiki14

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Yeah me and my brother did ears court, shopping tyres and a fooking great hole in the o zone due to the amount of hair spray used that weekend, actually managed to get round 5 times without stackin it :LolLolLolLol:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 02:14 PM »
you still had stabilisers on your bike then......... :angel:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 02:24 PM »

I thought that, the young whipper snapper  :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 02:31 PM »

I thought that, the young whipper snapper  :)
He was quick with them on, just had trouble on the berms..... :tickedoff:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Wasn't the Earls court race thing held when the Bike show was on?  I'm sure i can remember going with my brother the motorbike show and them having a wooden track?? 

could be wrong though  :-\

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Your right mate, I came home with 2 bags full of motorbike stickers and posters....first year had wooden jumps with no transitions.
They were mean, second year we got dirt but still on smooth concrete....

DY85262

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 09:08 PM »
Earls court. Remember it well from the viewers perspective. Green acute wooden ramps I seem to remember, Raleigh had a test area there and some Burners ready to wreck. Closest I got was on the see-saw, queued for ages. Of course my Dad (RIP) went for the motorbike show originally. BMX was the big bonus for me. Ha I have a picture somewhere of me on I think a red Raleigh weelieing off the see-saw with a skin head. Cool memories thanks for reviving them. :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Ha I have a picture somewhere of me on I think a red Raleigh weelieing off the see-saw with a skin head.
You gonna have to dig it out for us to take the piss have a look at   ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 10:35 AM »
I can also remember going with my brother (much older and into Motobikes) and just watching the BMXers........also came back with a heap of stickers and also a silver balloon/airship type thing, that had a piece of bluetack stuff under it, you took some off untill it hung in the air, then basically if just flew around your house with the drafts.......or until my mum left the window wide open and it flew out  :'(

London seemed sooooooo big back then! 

DY85262

Re: holland 1982 and Earls court pics 1982
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 03:29 AM »
Well here goes. I was wrong about the skinhead. Looks like it had grown back by then. On the back of the photo it says Sept 82 and the quality is sooo poor. I tried to tart the pics up a bit. Enjoy and try and stop yourself pi*s*ng yourself laughing. Grin Grin Grin ;D
Damn I just think I seen that silver thing fly by my window down here in NZ :) It should be back home in another 24 years

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 09:38 AM »
great pics,  :( but theres nothing to take the piss out of.....

I remember that finish line well, I crashed at the end of a moto there when someone took a flash pic and I lost my concentration and fell  :'(, Good days, thanks for posting them

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Still looking for any pics from holland ::)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Sorry Tone but I can`t help out with the Holland pics, but here`s another Earls Court one :

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Cheers Bill, you and Chris Young on the left... not sure about the other one ::)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 06:50 PM »

remember going to earls court, came home with a new mongoose pad as mine had rusted poppers and ripped out of the vinyl, i am sure you could ride the track on mongoose bikes

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 06:52 PM »
i did mail Gerrit Does for you tony but he never got back to me, here is his website http://www.univofbmx.com/ you can contact him through it and just tell him who you are and he should remember me asking him for you, he has video's and pics so he says. He is the godfather of european BMX racing, he was the guy who brought BMX to europe with the first races at slagharen. His son Nico Does was world champion at one time and his son also took up the Webco bmx name in 1989/90 and started producing his own line of framesets. My daily rider is his second attempt, a webco classic. great bike and strong as f**k. He did promise to mail me the info but i guess he forgot, he's an old man now(his own words) and speaks great english and is as friendly as they come. Drop him a mail and he will gladly talk bmx with you.

john.
ding dong

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 07:06 PM »
Thanks john, will do :daumenhoch:

Flaz

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 10:35 PM »
earls court  :-\   the day before i got mugged on me torker  :daumenhoch:  sweet  wont never forget that one 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  holland 1982

gfxgfx
gfx gfx