gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 01:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  2001 GT Bestwick Pro
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2001 GT Bestwick Pro  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Gyro1780

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
2001 GT Bestwick Pro
« on: April 07, 2016, 04:13 PM »
I'm rebuilding a GT Bestwick Pro from 2001. Nothing rare i know but will be a quick build just for me to have something to ride. I've been out of the BMX scene for 15-16 years & my daily bike at the moment is a Mountain Bike.
I only have the frame so need everything. I've been looking at forks but being away from the whole BMX hobby for so long i'm not so clued up on what manufacturers are good or bad these days. Can anyone recommend some or tell me which makes of forks i should be looking at please? I don't want the cheap stuff & can't afford the really expensive stuff so something mid-price would be ideal :)

Many thanks. 8)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: 2001 GT Bestwick Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 04:16 PM »
In all honesty you'd be much better off buying a good second hand WTP or something off the bay than plowing money into building the GT.  A new school bike that's a couple of years old will be streets ahead of the GT which will be heavy and cost you just as much to put together, if not more.

Offline Gyro1780

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Re: 2001 GT Bestwick Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 06:38 PM »
In all honesty you'd be much better off buying a good second hand WTP or something off the bay than plowing money into building the GT.  A new school bike that's a couple of years old will be streets ahead of the GT which will be heavy and cost you just as much to put together, if not more.

Hi pickle. Thanks for the reply 8)
I should have mentioned in my original post that the reason i bought a frame only instead of a complete bike is i want to spend time building it. I built many bikes during the 1990's & got so much enjoyment doing it. I'm 35 now & both my kids are grown up so i have more free time to do my own things.
One of my son's has an interest in BMX so i can teach him how to put one together. I have a little money saved that i don't mind spending. I know i'll never get this back but i'm not doing it for profit, just the enjoyment. 8)
All the parts will be bought "used" from ebay anyways :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:41 PM by Gyro1780 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  2001 GT Bestwick Pro

gfxgfx
gfx gfx