gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tensor Cycles BMX Magnum / Puch
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tensor Cycles BMX Magnum / Puch  (Read 1801 times)

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Tensor Cycles BMX Magnum / Puch
« on: February 14, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Sorry I'm back again asking about this.  It's one of those itches I just can't scratch unfortunately.

I really don't think I will find the exact version I had but as there have been a couple of Iron Horses on facebook this week I still hope !

My first problem is that my memory of it is gradually fading.  I am considering getting something else that is close and building a replica and I have convinced myself the frame is virtually identical to those sold as Puch's at the same time. The only difference is the way the gusset is pressed around the hole.

My bike was the black one with gold/yellow parts. it had steel wheels with gold lacquered rims. The frame had looptail rear frame stays and a european BB with cotter pin cranks.

I've asked before about pictures, has anyone found anything recently ? Even the original catalogue from Tensor wasn't very good and only had a picture of the version with the 1 piece crank.

A couple of years ago there were two Puch's on ebay. One was just a frame and the other a complete bike. I wasn't sure if they were the same at the time so left them. There have been a couple over the last few weeks but all of these have had American BB on them. There are another couple of bikes with euro BB's but they don't have the looptail stays. 

I could build what I want out of 2 frames but not only is that a bit of a waste it will end up costing more.

Does anyone have any more info about the Puch's and if they were the same ?

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Tensor Cycles BMX Magnum / Puch
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 12:19 PM »
This is, apart from the colours and slightly raised pressing around the gusset hole exactly the same as the Tensor version.  Trouble is I doubt these are very common either.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tensor Cycles BMX Magnum / Puch

gfxgfx
gfx gfx