gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Price for a frame rechrome??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Price for a frame rechrome??  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Price for a frame rechrome??
« on: February 11, 2016, 02:28 PM »
Apologies if this is already on here somewhere but what's the going rate for a frame rechrome? I don't need a quote just a rough idea. The frame in question has some chrome loss to the dropouts, seat mast and the ends of the headtube. Thanks in advance. :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Price for a frame rechrome??
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 08:38 PM »
When I have had them done it's been between £200-£300 for a Frame and Fork. Freestylers are normally the top end.  :daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:19 PM »
When I have had them done it's been between £200-£300 for a Frame and Fork. Freestylers are normally the top end.  :daumenhoch:

That's about right. Generally you get what you pay for. Allenchrome and Leigh Metal polishers are top notch  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 11:59 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys! This would be for a loopy race frame, with no forks. I've never had anything rechromed before so have no idea.
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 12:10 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys! This would be for a loopy race frame, with no forks. I've never had anything rechromed before so have no idea.

About £150-£250 ish then. Depends on the condition of the frame beforehand, and the amount of prep/polishing required. Before you send or take your frame anywhere, be clear about what you want/expect (Like not having the serial numbers polished out). If you speak to any chromer who doesn't appear to be interested or doesn't seem to be listening to your concerns..... It's a big red flag. AVOID them. Plenty of great chromers around, and most good ones regularly deal with receiving/sending frames via post. I always try to go in person to drop off/pick up my parts, but i'm a bit fussy like that
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:13 AM by dancetothedrummersbeat »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 03:03 AM »
Great advice! Thanks! :daumenhoch:

Offline oldscool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 11:08 AM »
I need a Haro freestyler done and unsure where to send it. Does anyone have pics of frames that have been done by these guys .
If in doubt flat out.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Price for a frame rechrome??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx