gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 04:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  GT VERTIGO.....WHAT YEAR??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT VERTIGO.....WHAT YEAR??  (Read 2992 times)

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
GT VERTIGO.....WHAT YEAR??
« on: December 28, 2015, 04:03 PM »
Just picked this up as a cheap rider, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what year it is? I have looked on the museum and can't seem to find a match...I was thinking 2000ish? anyone shed any light? anyone else got one?
Damo

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:56 PM by deeman »
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
Re: GT VERTIGO.....WHAT YEAR??
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 05:13 PM »
That style of decals looks about 2005ish. GT tended to use a similar decal style across all models in the range each year, and that looks about mid 2000's to me. Not familiar with the exact model though.
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:36 PM »
That style of decals looks about 2005ish. GT tended to use a similar decal style across all models in the range each year, and that looks about mid 2000's to me. Not familiar with the exact model though.

Thanks for the reply, that's a great help. The fella reckoned someone told him it was 1992!  :LolLolLolLol:

rodriguez

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 09:14 PM »
MSJ is right on the money, introduced 2004  :daumenhoch:

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 09:20 PM »

Cool, knew nothing about them...it was cheap and I liked it's condition and originality. Do you think the whitewalls were stock? It's a tad heavy as only has cromo main tubes but should make a fun hack! it has a 20" TT  :daumenhoch:

rodriguez

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 09:42 PM »

Cool, knew nothing about them...it was cheap and I liked it's condition and originality. Do you think the whitewalls were stock? It's a tad heavy as only has cromo main tubes but should make a fun hack! it has a 20" TT  :daumenhoch:

No I'd say tyres have been changed probably came with GT Airbags, looks like a few other bits might   have been changed too.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 12:51 AM »

No I'd say tyres have been changed probably came with GT Airbags, looks like a few other bits might   have been changed too.

Ah right ok...what else looks to have been changed? I thought it looked OG but I know fook all about this stuff...too new for me! It defo needs some decent brake pads!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:50 AM by deeman »

rodriguez

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 01:39 PM »

Ah right ok...what else looks to have been changed? I thought it looked OG but I know fook all about this stuff...too new for me! It defo needs some decent brake pads!

Possibly seat, seatpost and cranks but tbh I'm not 100% sure but my guess is the seat and cranks should be GT branded items if they aren't I'd say they've been changed.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 02:14 PM »

Possibly seat, seatpost and cranks but tbh I'm not 100% sure but my guess is the seat and cranks should be GT branded items if they aren't I'd say they've been changed.

The post is branded GT, the seat is branded but its a funny logo and can't tell what it is...! The cranks are fooking nasty, don't appear to be branded. All the other pics I have seen they have different bars and stem...the items on there are branded GT though so confusing. I am thinking the grips may have been swapped too.
I may swap some bits, I may just leave it as is. I might use it for a bit until I get bored of it or it gets in my way too much!
Thanks for the input!
 :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  GT VERTIGO.....WHAT YEAR??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx