gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Odd question about international postage
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Odd question about international postage  (Read 1514 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Odd question about international postage
« on: November 28, 2015, 03:38 PM »
So im looking to buy a frameset from the states and the lad has no experienece with international shipping.
Im pretty sure the last few frames i had from over the pond were sent USPS and about $65 but cant quite remember.

Anyone got any reccomendations i can pass on?

Cheers lads  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Re: Odd question about international postage
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 03:45 PM »
You're almost bang on with price. It was $68 to send my VDC (frame only) back to me from Arizona via US postal service. Arrived within a week. The only thing i'm not sure on waa the level of insurance cover (if any), as i was happy for my frame to be marked down value wise to avoid customs. I was happy with this, as the frame was sent using a tracked service. If the true value of the item is going to be declared, then the postage might be higher to cover extra insurace cover.

leehunt1

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 03:56 PM »
 no need to mark the value down just make sure he writes 'RETURNED GOODS' on the customs note
u will avoid any fees

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 04:19 PM »
no need to mark the value down just make sure he writes 'RETURNED GOODS' on the customs note
u will avoid any fees

^^What he said^^

A Frame Fork will cost you around $75, dependent what it is, how much it weighs, and if the seller boxes right but not using a massively oversized box.
BANNED

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 04:24 PM »
Cheers Gents  :daumenhoch:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 03:35 PM »
u will avoid any fees

I've heard of people being charged import duty etc this way and been told they must produce proof of original purchase from the UK in order not yo have to pay it

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 10:09 PM »
u will avoid any fees

I've heard of people being charged import duty etc this way and been told they must produce proof of original purchase from the UK in order not yo have to pay it

I got round it (although it WAS the case) that the item was owned by myself and was being sent for repair, therefore having minimal value as it wasn't strictly a gift and defo not merchandise

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Odd question about international postage

gfxgfx
gfx gfx