gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Wanted & Trade Section
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Wanted & Trade Section  (Read 6122 times)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Wanted & Trade Section
« on: November 25, 2015, 06:37 PM »

Any chance all members could look at the Wanted and Trade sections when they log on. If they have any spare parts lying around that is.  :-\ I know not as much goes up for sale nowadays, but there are still plenty of items people are looking for. :)

:radbmxsmilie:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
Re: Wanted & Trade Section
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Totally agree with you mate... It's frustrating at the best of times trying to source parts these days .. Especially with EBay prices going through the roof ...,,

Every radster I know ( myself included ) has  several mint or nos pieces in their collections that they will never ever need or use ..

Could we not have a parts amnesty drive to encourage everyone to sell one item from their hoard ?
Maybe a "sell your spare to keep it Rad" week or month ?

It would spark life into the forum again and help people move forward with some of their builds...

Just an idea? What do people think?
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 07:12 PM »
What a good idea.  :angel:

Totally agree with you mate... It's frustrating at the best of times trying to source parts these days .. Especially with EBay prices going through the roof ...,,

Every radster I know ( myself included ) has  several mint or nos pieces in their collections that they will never ever need or use ..

Could we not have a parts amnesty drive to encourage everyone to sell one item from their hoard ?

It would spark life into the forum again and help people move forward with some of their builds...

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Love the idea, maybe some form of Saturday Swap shop format or something  :-\

Always check both areas and try to help if i can, have managed to on a couple of occasions too. However, also find it weird when some members don't even respond to offers when they've posted requests. i.e. pm them an offer of what they're looking-for/asking-about and don't even get a brief "thanks but no thanks mate", "not exactly what i need", or something similar  :-\

Never had any luck when trying to get a trade or wanted that I've posted either. Shame, I guess we all just hoard way too much being too scared we'll never be able to afford it again, even if we have no idea when we'll ever use it on a build.
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 07:58 PM »

Always nice to get a reply to a PM.  :)

Always check both areas and try to help if i can, have managed to on a couple of occasions too. However, also find it weird when some members don't even respond to offers when they've posted requests. i.e. pm them an offer of what they're looking-for/asking-about and don't even get a brief "thanks but no thanks mate", "not exactly what i need", or something similar  :-\

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 08:26 PM »

Great idea Ant....the forum defo needs some life breathing back into it! Is everyone still on facebook?!  ::)
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline Twenty inches of freedom

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 08:42 PM »
But would you still need a site tag to trade and swap etc?

Offline Ringo starfish

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Great idea, basically a spare parts listing to get those of us to part with rocking horse sh#t rare parts you just know your never going to use , fact is I've got boxes of parts I keep just in case I start another build ,but I'm broke and I'd have to split a build to start one
All you need is cash

griff

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 09:20 PM »
But would you still need a site tag to trade and swap etc?

I think that the wanted section should be for site tag holders, the same as for sales, that's just my opinion though. On the rare occasions I've had anything for sale I try and make sure that stuff goes to people who support the community ;)

I tend to look at any new posts that come up, regardless of whether relevant or not (I'm not building anything now, but still like to look and quite often entertaining posts pop up where you don't expect them)

I only have one spare part, a NOS TT Products double decka (blackberry) was going to put it on my Curtis until Clint kindly sorted me out with an alternative
If anyone wants that then get in touch, £20 in the RAD pot covers UK postage to a UK address & I'll bung in an MK15 patch

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 09:37 PM »
I agree with Griff regarding the wanted section being open for SST holders only, you do have to keep something for the genuine forum supporters and contributors.

However, I've noticed lately, that there are a lot of SST holders that have obviously only bought tags to enable them to find the part they want. I'm not going to name names, you know who you are, but it would be nice if you would occasionally post stuff in other sections rather than just logging on and throwing a wanted thread up.  :rant:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 10:00 PM »
I agree SST sections only, or no one would part with their subscription.  :)

Facebook.
I'm registered, but never log on.  :-[
I'm not a Mod and don't make the rules. But in some ways I think the For Sale's should only be for the Rad site. It would bring more traffic. I suppose I'm biased as I don't use facebook.    :-[ Maybe Facebook could just have links to here for sales only.  :)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 10:54 PM »

Facebook.
I'm not a Mod and don't make the rules. But in some ways I think the For Sale's should only be for the Rad site. It would bring more traffic. I suppose I'm biased as I don't use facebook.    :-[ Maybe Facebook could just have links to here for sales only.  :)

This is basically what happens now.

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 11:03 PM »
i check the wanted section all the time. i don't think i've ever posted a for sale thread but i have traded, sold and given parts away free to people who are looking for a certain part. i've even given a part away free and paid postage only to see it for sale 6 months later.  ::)

griff

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 11:11 PM »

Facebook.

That is exactly what happens

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 08:53 AM »
I did well out of the wanted section over the last two weeks :) got some pedals, seat post, z rims, gt mallet stem all within a couple of days of posting and for really good prices too :) it's always worth putting up a post

Offline Ste

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 09:17 AM »
Great idea.swap Saturdays would be awesome  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 12:37 PM »
I did well out of the wanted section over the last two weeks :) got some pedals, seat post, z rims, gt mallet stem all within a couple of days of posting and for really good prices too :) it's always worth putting up a post
I must be asking for rare items then, or just not liked on here   ;D
BANNED

Offline denzil

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 01:29 PM »
Could we not get a swap meet sorted in the uk , they do it in oz and the states but we don't seem to do it here.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 02:18 PM »
Could we not get a swap meet sorted in the uk , they do it in oz and the states but we don't seem to do it here.

Good idea, how about Milton Keynes, around August??

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 02:44 PM »

What a great idea denzil ... How about Jan/Feb so it's half way between MKs... Not a ride as such but a gathering with your parts/cash?
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

griff

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 03:30 PM »

;D

Offline denzil

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 04:44 PM »

Ok smart arse lol other than mk. We should have a few a year.

Offline Ringo starfish

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Count me in, one north one south maybe ?, If I see it in the flesh I'll buy it , if it's ebay or on here I tend to be too late or its just silly money , a little haggling never hurt anyone added to which it's another event worth travelling for
it's taken me over 5 years to get my head out of Arse and go to Mk15 and loved it, gutted I never went sooner . Hunt em ,build em ,flog em !, parts sat me in my loft gathering dust won't make any friends but a little interaction will definately flue the passion  :) :)
All you need is cash

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 05:48 PM »
 :coolsmiley:

[/quote]
That is exactly what happens
[/quote]

griff

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 06:31 PM »

Ok smart arse lol other than mk. We should have a few a year.

Ed tried to sort something in Nottz next month, but due to a phenomenal lack of interest it's now back to being a ramp riding affair

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Wanted & Trade Section

gfxgfx
gfx gfx