gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 12:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shenanigans
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shenanigans  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Shenanigans
« on: November 22, 2015, 10:13 PM »
Okay. I am putting this here because, basically, I feel there is too much of this crap going on now, and I just want to point it out to anyone who may deal with this guy, or may want to in the future,

Now I know there is the 'he can do what he likes' and the 'you don't have to buy if you think price is too high' brigades that will most probably come on and share their infinite wisdom, but there are too many people doing this now which is crucifying the hobby for some of us.

This guy posted these 400's for sale on the 14th November for $475 complete, with postage.

http://bmxmuseum.com/forsale/185321

Anyway, a week later, the seller puts them up for sale in swap meet section for $125 more, $599 posted. He claims he is selling them as he doesn't have a chainring to fit, but fits his Profile cranks with the same size spider to the bike, with a chainring on.

I can't show you the outcome of the post on the Museum, because he claimed they were sold pending, moved the thread to the sold section, where it has been removed. Now, you cannot remove those posts by yourself, a Mod or Admin has to do it for you.

So, after his claim that they are sold pending, they appear on Ebay.com for an even larger price of $674.99 plus $9.99 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80s-REDLINE-SUGINO-400-CRANKS-180-mm-OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-VINTAGE-Haro-Hutch-/252179969928?hash=item3ab718f788:g:pZoAAOSwEgVWT3DQ

I know some of you couldn't give a toss either way, and some of you have done, or would probably do the same, or feel it is up to the buyer to look into it, but, it is this type of crap that has helped to push prices to the way it is now. Yes, I did mention on his thread that he bought them only a week back, to which it was duly removed by a Mod, followed by a quick "cranks are pending" and then moved from the swap meet to the sold section, and then removed by a Mod or Admin.

I have aired my point though  :daumenhoch:

BANNED

Online deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 10:30 PM »
What a tosser...blatantly flipping but trying to cover it up  ::)
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 10:41 PM »
Although he hasn't strictly broken any rules, it's a bit naughty - especially as all his for sale threads are full of sales conditions to potential buyers in SHOUTY CAPITAL LETTERS telling them what is/isn't acceptable. I tried to deal with him once and found him quite rude and up his own ar$e to be honest. He sells lots on the museum (probably why any negative comments/criticisms were removed), so I would have thought he would have known if these cranks were/were not suitable for his needs. Shame he couldn't just list them for what he paid (even adding $10-$20 would have been reasonable to cover the shipping/packaging costs). Not good  "nono"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 10:50 PM by dancetothedrummersbeat »

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 10:58 PM »
Although he hasn't strictly broken any rules, it's a bit naughty - especially as all his for sale threads are full of sales conditions to potential buyers in SHOUTY CAPITAL LETTERS telling them what is/isn't acceptable. I tried to deal with him once and found him quite rude and up his own ar$e to be honest
He is definately rude, arrogant too. He bought them for the sole purpose of flipping them. Two Guys who I know over there, that are after these cranks, are not the happiest of people with him right now. But he doesn't care. It pays for him to have friends on the Mods Team.
BANNED

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 05:37 AM »
I recently asked him a question by PM (about something else), and the tone of his answer supports all of the above. Definitely someone to be wary of dealing with.
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

griff

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 09:21 AM »
I guess all people need to do is not buy from the guy, let him sit on his stock and sweat over whether someone will be desperate enough to pay or not.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 09:35 AM »
The annoying thing is that he has some really nice parts for sale  >:(

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 10:13 AM »
The cnuts in this hobby always do  >:(
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 08:44 PM »
back up, a bit lower now but still 75 over. Mad point about a 110 bcd chain ring not fitting the 400 spider but  fitting a profile one  :uglystupid2:

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=671286
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:49 PM by Picklez »
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 08:50 PM »
back up, a bit lower now but still 75 over. Mad point about a 110 bcd chain ring not fitting the 400 spider but  fitting a profile one  :uglystupid2:

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=671286
;D  I saw that. So much for sale pending, eh  :bellend:
BANNED

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 09:37 PM »
yeah, more like, damn someone give me some ill earned profit  :knuppel2: Still 10 out of 10 for effort I suppose :(

Shame, bloody nice cranks
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shenanigans

gfxgfx
gfx gfx