gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 05:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Curtis stuff at mk14
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Curtis stuff at mk14  (Read 5159 times)

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Curtis stuff at mk14
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2015, 12:13 PM »
That's me  :) You must be Denzil.

Yep original dibber eventually settled up. I don't recall mentioning anyone called Steve, but I did say that the middle one in your pic was Simon's.

The one I had is a lot different to that and others I've seen.
Brian said it was basically him experimenting with an expert frame that he added a kick tail and coaster tab too. Back when he first started Brian Curtis Products at the end of 84 and he says he only made a couple.

You were right to be careful though, there is a lot of shit out there that folks claim was made by Brian, but that definitely was not. he gets quite upset about this.

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 12:08 AM »

Yep original dibber eventually settled up. I don't recall mentioning anyone called Steve, but I did say that the middle one in your pic was Simon's.

Brian said it was basically him experimenting with an expert frame that he added a kick tail and coaster tab too. Back when he first started Brian Curtis Products at the end of 84 and he says he only made a couple.

You were right to be careful though, there is a lot of shit out there that folks claim was made by Brian, but that definitely was not. he gets quite upset about this.

Do you happen to know exactly which frames were made by who? I have got a PR Racing Styler freestyle frame which I was told was made by Brian but I have heard since may have been made at Rickman?
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2015, 10:44 PM »

Missed this Martin  & yes me n Denzil are very close  :LolLolLolLol:
Glad you didn't mind me doing some preemptive poking about  :teef:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 06:06 PM »

Missed this Martin  & yes me n Denzil are very close  :LolLolLolLol:
Glad you didn't mind me doing some preemptive poking about  :teef:

No mate, don't mind at all :daumenhoch:

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 06:22 PM »

Do you happen to know exactly which frames were made by who? I have got a PR Racing Styler freestyle frame which I was told was made by Brian but I have heard since may have been made at Rickman?

Brian say's that he never made any of the PR frames. Chances are, they were made by Rickman. If you want to know the full story behind why drop me a pm  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Curtis stuff at mk14

gfxgfx
gfx gfx