gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can anyone help me with problems lacing my front z rim please :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can anyone help me with problems lacing my front z rim please :)  (Read 844 times)

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Hi :)
I know the topic of lacing Zds has come up a few times and I followed stidds resto sticky recently to lace a rear z rim and that was fine and only took half an hour :) today however I sat down to do the front and probably started around 12ish and it just isn't happening :'(
I've been at it till six and have had to restart from scratch about 7 times. I can get so far right up to the leading spokes on the last side but I can't get them to cross two spokes and bend under the third, the distance is to far :-\
So I've had a rest and have started again and thought I would post pics of my progress and ask advice at each stage to see if any of you guys can spot what I am doing wrong. I think it's hen I do the trailing spokes on the second side .
This is the first side with the trailing spokes

I'm pretty sure this is ok. I know the stidds thread nearly off by heart now. I then turned the hub clockwise turned the wheel,over and put in the spokes on the other side :)

I think this is where I'm going wrong. I can flip the wheel over and do the leading spokes 3x but I can see from this side that the last set won't fit :-\
Anyone have any advice ? Is lacing a front z different from a rear I know when I did the rear instartedvwith the freewheel side but this time I didn't know which side to start with  :idiot2:
Any advice would be great and I'll post up more pics at each stage. Thanks fellas  :)

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Can anyone help me with problems lacing my front z rim please :)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 07:14 PM »
Try looking on you tube,there's a video on there
Call no bull s#it guide to building a bmx wheel by an aussie
Girl,really easy to follow guide :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline threaders

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:12 PM »
Great video  :) sorted at last .

Shame I didn't ask for help sooner :-\ my spokes are scratched to buggery after all those attempts. I think I was going wrong by not doing the last side of leading spokes anti clockwise. Easy video to follow but I couldn't do it in 7 minuets like she can  :)
Thanks sawzall  :daumenhoch:

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Glad you got it sorted :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can anyone help me with problems lacing my front z rim please :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx